I need to load cash to my PayPal debit mastercard.

Owlfan
Contributor
Contributor
Can I go to store and ad cash to my PayPal. Debit MasterCard? I dont want to transfer from my bank, I want to just load cash.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello Everyone! 

A few things have changed since we first started this conversation back in 2015, so I thought it would be helpful to provide an update on how you can add funds to your PayPal Debit MasterCard.

First, your PayPal Debit MasterCard, also now called the PayPal Cash Card, is funded by your PayPal balance and then the back-up funding source you designate (normally a bank account). So ultimately, you're looking at adding funds to your PayPal account balance. Here's how you can do that as of now:

1. From your bank. If you have a bank on file, you can choose to transfer funds from your bank to your PayPal balance. It normally takes about 3-5 full business days to complete and is fee-free.

2. PayPal CASH® Click the link for full details. In summary,  PayPal CASH®, is a new feature that allows you to load money to your PayPal account at select retailers. There is a service fee of $3.95 that’s applied to your PayPal account when you use PayPal CASH®.

And that's it! I hope that helps clear everything up. 

Thanks for visiting our PayPal Community Forum and have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Owlfan,

There are several ways that you can add money to your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard:

1. Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is the easy and free way to add all or part of your pay check or government payment to a PayPal Prepaid Card. You must enroll in direct deposit in order for your card account to receive these electronic deposits. LEARN MORE
  2. NetSpend Reload Network: Our reload network is nationwide. There are more than 100,000 convenient locations where you can add money to your card account. It's easy to find the locations nearest to you:
    1. When you enroll in our real-time alerts service, just text your ZIP code to 22622 and we'll instantaneously respond with the nearest location (text messages are subject to fees charged by your carrier).
    2. Visit www.PayPal.com/prepaid and use our RELOAD CENTER LOCATOR. There is no fee to use this online locator service.
  3. Bank Transfers: If your PayPal Prepaid Card account is linked to your PayPal Account, you can add money from virtually any U.S. bank account. If you have a checking or savings account, or a bank debit card, use it to add money to your PayPal Prepaid Card account. This service is an online service only.
  4. Tax Refunds: Tell the Internal Revenue Service, and your state and local tax authority to electronically deposit your refund to your PayPal Prepaid Card account. Shorten the waiting time even more by e-filing your tax returns. LEARN MORE
  5. Reload Packs: This method of value loading is convenient when you don't have your card with you. Reload Packs are available at many retail locations. Visit www.PayPal.com/prepaid and use our RELOAD CENTER LOCATOR to find those locations. There is no fee to use this online locator service.

You can locate this information under the FAQ section on https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/. Hopefully this helps!

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

KNichols
Contributor
Contributor

I usually reload my PP with cash, by purchasing a GreenDot or MoneyPak card, but no stores sell those anymore.  I can buy a GreenDot reloadable debit card, but I want to skip that middleman & just load my cash directly to PP.  Adding funds from my bank account isn't an option.  What the heck paypal?!

Login to Me Too

eab81070
Contributor
Contributor

CVS and Walgreen said they don't sell the releadable packs anymore due to fraud.  So I am stuck with a paypal card that I cannot load unless I use my bank account and that takes a few days.  I'm looking into payoneer.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eab81070, note that  Payoneer is not accepted at PayPal, meaning Payoneer accounts cannot be added as a payment method. 

Look into this: https://www.greendot.com/how-it-works/manage-money/paypal-cash

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

eab81070
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just concerned with Ebay.  However, it appears that Netspend is gaining popularity among paypal debit card holders.  Greendot does not work for new accounts because they switched to the paypal reloadables which I cannot find so I'm SOL!

Login to Me Too

MzMonica
Contributor
Contributor
Dollar General sells Pay reloadable my cash cards. That's how I load my debit card.
Login to Me Too

ridesusyride
Contributor
Contributor

Not in my part of USA.

Login to Me Too

MzMonica
Contributor
Contributor
You can go to Dollar General and purchase a pay pal my cash card, load the money on there and then load it to your card. That's how I do mine. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

BangtanIsFab
New Community Member

How do you load the money from your PP balance to you debit MasterCard? That's what I'm confused about 

@MzMonica wrote:
You can go to Dollar General and purchase a pay pal my cash card, load the money on there and then load it to your card. That's how I do mine. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.