I don’t know what to do…

brianisyourboi
New Community Member
So, I received an email from a online receipt email but it was in my spam so that seems suspicious at first, and It says I have to send them a $200 ebay gift card to receive my $280, but I want to give a refund and them buyer is saying I still have to give the gift card.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi brianisyourboi and welcome, 

This would not be correct. We would never ask you to send a buyer a gift card. That is not how PayPal works. If you have received a valid payment you will be able to see this payment on your PayPal account. If the payment has been placed on hold by us for any reason you will be able to see this payment showing as on hold on your PayPal account. Please do not send any gift cards or additional funds as this is just not correct. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

brianisyourboi
New Community Member
Thank you for the answer, but, They threatened to take legal action on me if I don’t send it even though I never received any money.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@brianisyourboi They will do this so worry you into sending the funds. Please see here for more information on these types of emails https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-spot-fake%2C-fraudulent%2C-spoof%2C-or-phishing...

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Mrsnykkyb
Contributor
Contributor
How did you pay for it if by bank card screen shot message send scam message to your bank and disputed through them. Then email that company tell them your bank going file a police report FBi if you money not back in your paypal account within 24 hrs
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.