cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SOLVED
New Community Member

Barcode issue

I cant create a barcode to add cash to my paypal account. This has been going on for two weeks now. I get an error every time I try. Paypal management has stayed to me that this is a glitch and their team is working on the issue. Im beginning to think the problem is specific to my account???? No more run around!!#
Contributor

Re: Barcode issue

This has been going on since at least Feb 23rd.  PayPal has been notified umpteen times about this by several people; and, all PayPal says is that they are aware of this and have supposedly got their Techs working on a solution. Ha,ha,ha. Right.  If you call them, they will just lie to you just like they have done to everyone else.  I don't think they even want to fix the problem.  They're going to to much trouble to evade the truth of what is going on.

New Community Member

Re: Barcode issue

have no luck with generating bar code almost two weeks

Contributor

I cannot create a barcode to add cash at a retail store

This has worked for at least a year on the paypal site - i can select the option to add cash to my account via a retail store.  When I select this I get an error saying "Oops, something went wrong..." This has been happening for two weeks.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

is paypal cash going to be repaired or is it gone

is paypal cash going to be fixed or is it gone?

Re: I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

Hey everyone!

I understand the issues with PayPal Cash are frustrating, and we appreciate your feedback regarding this. We are aware that there is currently an issue with PayPal Cash as far as generating a code online as well as completing the process at the store. This is an issue we're looking into and actively working on fixing. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, as I'm sure it's had an impact on many people. As soon as we have an update regarding this being fixed, we'll let you know here. Thanks for your patience while we work things out!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

This problem needs to be fixed soon ––and I mean very soon.  I (along with, I would presume, a host of others) am looking into other options outside of the PayPal choice because of this prolonged and unnecessary lapse in my being able to print a barcode to use at my local Rite Aid.   I do NOT want to link any bank account to my PayPal account; the purpose for my using PayPal is to avoid potential fraud on-line with bank linkages.  And I do NOT want to play with my cell phone in the store each time I want to reload my account.

No, if this situation is not fixed before the end of this month (March 2018), I am out the door and a former customer of PayPal .

Contributor

Do not understand why did Paypal discontinue the pre-paid cards system in the first place. Now the bar codes does not work. I think paypal is finished . somebody else should replace them.

Contributor

Isn’t there just a way to reset our account so that we have it verify everything again and maybe that will break the loop, of course without losing all of our business transaction info?

Contributor

I downloaded the PayPal app and the PayPal cash works on the app. As of April 27, the PayPal website still hasn't fixed this problem. Though I was relieved to know it wasn't something that I was doing. It would be good of PayPal to out an alert on their site referring people to the app if they really need this feature. The fact that they haven't done that shows them to be quite rude, inconsiderate, and out of touch with the people. Let's spread it around about the app.