cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: paypal cash

It's been down for almost a week and a half and there's no sign or indication from anyone at Paypal it will be up and running again any time soon.  Most customer service reps online or on the phone are either clueless or evasive as to what's going on.  In the meantime, the Paypal Mobile app still works to add cash to your account at a store.  I posted a workaround to use this feature in another thread on this forum.  If you don't have a phone or the App doesn't work on your phone for some reason, you are out of luck.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Appears To Be No More Ability to Print A Barcode To Add Money At Stores?

For several weeks now I have tried to print out a bar code so I can go to my friendly neighborhood CVS and add money to my PP account.  Every time I try to access that page it comes back with the overly cute "Oops something went wrong" silliness.  I can't create a barcode with my desktop.

However, I can create the one-hour barcode with my iPhone.  So I've been able to do this adding, but on-screen barcodes are harder to read than paper, and one CVS was very reluctant to do it.

So, are you phasing out barcodes on paper?  Do you have a problem you'd like to address?  I'd like to hear what's going on.

Re: Appears To Be No More Ability to Print A Barcode To Add Money At Stores?

This is totally ridiculous. I also cannot get to the page to print out a barcode to add funds. Paypal is phasing every opportunity out to add funds physically.

Why aren't they answering  these concerns. I talked to a rep over 2 weeks ago on the phone, she SUPPOSEDLY put in a trouble ticket to search the problem and NOTHING. 

New Community Member

You were able to call someone?  Amazing.  Can I get that phone number from you?

You can find the 800#  on your Paypal account when you click on the Contact Us tab. This is a real joke, they first take away the Load Cash Cards from the stores and now taking out the ability to personally add cash at a register.  Only way you can use it now is if you link another card to your account, which makes no sense to me at all. Good luck! If you find any answers, PLEASE let us know. Thanks.

Paypal cash: add money at store (keep getting error, can't get barcode)

So I'm trying to generate a bar code via paypal cash to use at a store, but when i click on the link it keeps giving me an "Oops! Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again." message.  I can't even select the specific store chain to use the bar code on, I've had this problem for the past 6 hours and still no luck.  Anyone know if this is getting fixed within the next 24 hours?

Tags (1)
New Community Member

PayPal CASH not working

I have been trying to add money to my account via PayPal CASH witch at the moment is the only option I can use for personal reasons. EVERYTIME I click on add money at a store it says oops there was an error please try again later. I have been trying for a week now, and emailing PayPal proves to be useless and unhelpful for I have sent many emails with absolutely zero help whatsoever. I have no idea what else to do.

Re: PayPal CASH not working

It's not just you, Paypal Cash via Green Dot - add money at store is BROKEN for everyone right now and has been for two weeks or longer.  No one knows if this function is cancelled and paypal just hasn't officially announced it yet or what, but paypal's customer service has been horrendous about this.  Other than linking your bank account there's really nothing you can do to add money to your paypal wallet, which **bleep** me as there was something i was going to buy this weekend but don't have enough for and can't add more because the add money at store option no longer works.

New Community Member

Re: PayPal CASH not working

Indeed this is the same problem l have had. Called customer service and they don't seem to care. It is my guess that this service is history.

Unable to print out barcode.

I have not been able to get to the page to print out a barcode to add funds to my Paypal account. Over 2 weeks now has gone by after I spoke to a rep on the phone about this and she put in a trouble ticket to research the problem. Nothing has been done. If they are taking out all options to add funds physically to accounts then they should make it clear so a person can decide whether to continue their account.