cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SOLVED

Re: paypal cash "Add Money at a Store" does not work

The people are always the ones to sufferer. I am tired of everyone running and interfering with our lives. Just like the government. I hope who ever caused this has their lives disrupted as much as ours from this.

FYI, I found out this morning that the "Add money at store" feature works through the Paypal App which is available at google play and any app store like amazon etc. I used it this morning.

Tags (2)

I tried the Android app and it appears to work although I just conducted a test and didn't actually carry through and deposit cash at my local Rite-Aid store.  I may do that today or tomorrow.

The support babble quoted above is almost verbatim the same thing I was told; just different enough that it's a bit more than a simple cut-and-paste reply (support staff at least have to paraphrase a script).  The goal is clearly one I've seen more times from more sources than I care to recall; say something soothing and polite without saying anything of substance.

From a technical perspective I find it interesting that the browser/website approach is consistently failing but the app is not.  If you watch the URLs you go through in your browser you never appear to actually leave PayPal; whether this implies the problem is on the PayPal end, the Green Dot end or the plug is being pulled I don't know.  I do know that this kind of problem breeds speculation and this, plus PayPal's lack of useful response, is not good for their reputation.  Do they care?

At this point if I had to guess (what choice do I have?) I'd say that either a) PayPal has tech support management staff who cannot properly orchestrate change or sensitive maintenance with appropriate backup/recovery plans in place should a feature like this disintegrate, or b) they wish to force customers to use only their mobile apps, perhaps eliminating Green Dot from the equation.

Highlighted
New Community Member

PayPal Cash down?

Is the PayPay cash option down?  I have been trying all morning to get a bar code printed to add cash to my PayPal account and I keep getting an error message.  Tried both from a computer and my phone...no success.

New Community Member

Re: PayPal Cash down?

when will this be fixed? trying for 3 days

New Community Member

Having the same problem and it’s still down.
Contributor

I’m experiencing the same problem and when I spoke to PayPal CS they had no clue when it would be fixed. This was after they misunderstood me and tried to say my barcode was expired Not very impressed with their comprehension skills.
New Community Member

This is still down 10 days later. I also agree, the customer service comprehension skills are poor. Robotic repeating back to you even if incorrect, etc.

paypal cash

why cant I use the paypal cash feature....every time I goto pick a retailer and to be able print a barcode I always get a  opps something happened

Contributor

Re: paypal cash

No way to know - you would need to contact customer service as they have the ability to look at your account info.

Tags (1)