cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: You get a Error when add cash from store now

As others mentioned it does not work on the browser however it will work on either the iPhone or android PayPal apps. Unfortunately when customers call customer service regarding this issue, PayPal fails to inform them that this is the case. They were only state that it hasn’t been working for weeks and that they’re working on the issue.
New Community Member

Re: I can't generate a PayPal Cash bar code on my PayPal Business account.

This is happening to everyone I've called PayPal and they are saying they don't know when this issue will be resolved. Anyone else have an update on this has anyone else called ??

Green dot barcode not working

I am trying to create a barcode through paypal using green dot at the register. It says oops something went wrong try to refresh. I refresh and nothing happens. Paypal tells me to contact Green Dot so I do then Green dot tells me to contact paypal. At the moment I have no way of adding $ at the register.

Re: Green dot barcode not working

Same here... Has PayPal got back to you yet?

No reply from paypal yet. It's killing me.

New Community Member

I failed on 2/33/18 and thought it was a glitch;just tried and failed today...I’ll try to post results when I get them

No response yet from paypal. It has really put me in a bind. 

New Community Member

I spent 20 minutes on the phone yesterday and they were about to escalate me to level 2 and I got cut off. I used to use the PayPal load cards and level one didn’t even know they no longer had a contract with the bank. It was level 2 that gave me the info and I told the local retailers. I’ll call in tomorrow again and get farther and then post my findings here. I hate waiting the 3 days for the bank transfer.
New Community Member

any word yet when it's going to be back up?

Highlighted
Contributor

Add Cash Feature Gone

Since Feb 24th, the "Add Cash" to a Paypal account feature no longer works. When you try to use the Add Cash link, such as to generate a bar code to add cash to your Paypal account at a store like CVS, the link errors out with a "Oops, sorry..." text. Adding cash directly to a Paypal account in this method is a useful option for those that either don't have or simply don't want to link a bank account to their Paypal account.

Calling Paypal customer service today has been awful. I've talked to several CSRs who have absolutely no clue what is going on, one I had to explain their own process of adding cash to an account outside of a linked bank account. When I asked to speak to someone higher up on the chain, I was left on hold for almost an hour and was eventually told "I don't know what the reason for the problem is, we've received many calls about it and we are working on it but no timeframe when it will be resolved."

I think it's terrible customer service that Paypal doesn't even bother to at least have some kind of explanation of a several day old problem either as an alert in the Paypal account messages box or for their phone CSRs to at least trot out to answer complaints. If they've severed ties with Green Dot which one CSR vaguely hinted at, they could at least do customers the courtesy of telling us the Add Cash feature is no longer an option.