I am told to call in but can't get anyone at Paypal on the phone

peipal_user_102
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to setup (extend) a travel notice and I went through the Messaging Center to ask them to do this. They told me to call in. So I been trying to call in 3 days now and I can't get a person on the phone. 

When I call in this is what I hear: 

Thanks for calling the PP business debit master card line

This call including conversations between you and any other person may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance

We are currently experiencing extended wait times and as a result customer service representatives may not be available for service

You may receive faster service by visiting our help center and sending us a message

OK that's fine but I was just in the messaging center and you told me to call in to talk to a person. 

After I step through the automated phone menu to talk to an agent it plays this message: 

We can’t support your inquiry over the phone at this time

Please visit the help center and send us a message and we’ll respond to your question

OK So I go back to the Message Center and let them know. They give me another number and I've tried that. Same thing. 

Then they've told me to pick different menu options like "debit card" instead of "travel notice". Same thing. It keeps disconnecting the call. 

What am I supposed to do? I'm stuck in another country and I can't use my debit card. I called ahead of time a month ago to set up a travel notice and they said let us know if you need to extend another month. Well I do. 

Can someone help me out please? 

PS The Message Center is broken on iOS devices

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

peipal_user_102
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the cookie cutter message I received at the top of the message: 

Hello - You've reached V from the PayPal Disputes and Claims Team. I am happy to assist you.

I am sending the information regarding travel.

A PayPal account can be accessed by the account holder and used from any country where PayPal services are offered. However, if you are trying to make a payment or change account information from publicly accessible computers, such as those found in Internet cafes, libraries, or hotels, our system might block your attempts. As a result, we might limit some features of your account until we can contact you and confirm that you are controlling your account.

We understand that you may wish to use your account while traveling abroad but the security of your financial and personal information is our first priority. If your account is accessed from unsecure locations and we suspect that it might show unauthorized activity, we must act to protect your data.

If you are using your account while traveling abroad, you may be asked to verify additional information when logging into your account or changing certain account information.

You may be asked to enter one or more of the following:
  • Credit card number
  • Bank account number
  • Debit card number
Additionally, for the security of the account, you may be asked to enter a new password and security questions.
If your account becomes limited during your visit abroad, please contact us from the email address registered on your PayPal account to confirm your location and the duration of your stay.

The last line says, 

If your account becomes limited during your visit abroad, please contact us from the email address registered on your PayPal account to confirm your location and the duration of your stay.

OK. How do you want me to do this? Send you an email? What email address do I send a message to?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.