How to select the PayPal Shipping Area for specific transactions

Farse
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal allows me to create different Shipping Methods so I can charge different amounts to ship to different sets of US states, e.g., eastern and western. How can I code my PayNow button to select the correct Shipping Method for a given transaction? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Farse 

Shipping rates are automatically calculated using the shipping methods you set in your PayPal account profile against the info your customer provides at checkout. Its only when you do not want to use your shipping calculator profiles, that the default shipping methods can be overridden. Click "Use specific amount" option when editing a button and then enter the amount to charge for shipping in the button itself.

So for example, let's say I am making a payment to you and I enter my billing/shipping address that my state is MA or my confirmed address in my PayPal account is in MA, your calculator should be able to charge me shipping to MA automatically and according to your shipping methods in your PayPal account profile.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Farse 

Shipping rates are automatically calculated using the shipping methods you set in your PayPal account profile against the info your customer provides at checkout. Its only when you do not want to use your shipping calculator profiles, that the default shipping methods can be overridden. Click "Use specific amount" option when editing a button and then enter the amount to charge for shipping in the button itself.

So for example, let's say I am making a payment to you and I enter my billing/shipping address that my state is MA or my confirmed address in my PayPal account is in MA, your calculator should be able to charge me shipping to MA automatically and according to your shipping methods in your PayPal account profile.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Fashon
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure how to indicate "Solved" but this does, indeed, answer my question, i.e., the appropriate Shipping Method/Calculation will be selected by PayPal based on the shipping address but can be overridden by a "shipping=" setting in my button code, which, according to instructions found elsewhere, requires that I set the Shipping Method to allow override.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.