How to redeem gift card?

Snuby
New Community Member
I have a PayPal gift card but how i cant redeem it?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Snuby 

How do I redeem a digital gift card bought from PayPal Digital Gifts?

Please read the retailer’s terms and conditions to make sure the digital gift card you’re buying can be redeemed where you plan to use it. PayPal does not control how and where digital gift cards can be redeemed.

In-store codes:
If your code can be used in-store, tell the cashier you’re paying with a gift card. The cashier will either scan or key in the code to redeem it. We recommend printing the code if you can, as barcode scanners in some stores can’t scan from a mobile screen.

Not all self-checkout lanes accept gift card codes so we recommend going to an attended counter.

Online codes:
If your code can be used online, look for a gift card or voucher code option at checkout on the seller’s website or app.

Gift cards can’t be stored in the PayPal Wallet and automatically redeemed right now. Make sure you enter the code when making a purchase to ensure your gift card is applied.

What if I’m having troub le redeeming a digital gift card bought from PayPal Digital Gifts?

For problems redeeming your code, always contact the retailer in the first instance (e.g. Apple, Spotify, etc.). Unfortunately, we can’t check gift card balances or troubleshoot problems you may experience redeeming gift codes either in-store or online.

You’ll find the retailers’ contact details below or in the 'Receipt for your payment to PayPal Digital Gifts' email under either 'Customer support' or 'Terms and conditions'. Be ready to provide the gift card code (which you can find by clicking the claim link in the email) when you contact them.

If, however, it’s over 24 hours from the time of placing your order and you or your recipient haven’t yet received your digital gift card via email from PayPal Digital Gifts, please contact our support team and we’ll be happy to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.