How to contact Paypal Digital Gifts?

Harmon20
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order for a gift card through Paypal digital gifts nearly a month ago and have been unable to contact them. I called the phone number ending in 1148 found on their contact page multiple times and have been on hold for hours each time with on one ever answering the phone. I have tried to email them at the <removed> email address using various services and the email is always returned as undeliverable. I attempted to open a dispute in the Paypal resolution center and the case got close with no discussion, no contact, no reason. Just 'dispute denied' and closed. I attempt to open a new case and just get a screen saying ''have you tried to contact the seller?" with the email address that is undeliverable.  I called Paypal and they said, 'Not us, you need to contact Paypal Digital Gifts".

Anyone have any insights at all or has Paypal just gotten my money and that' s that?

Josh

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

wsh1111
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, me too in Feb. 2019...total fraud, and PayPal continues to allow this to happen using their name.   PayPal won't help and <removed> does not respond.  Thanks PayPal!  Great business practices.  

Login to Me Too

Harmon20
Contributor
Contributor

I finally talked to a reasonable person somewhere along the line that opened another case. I had to go through all the waiting periods while the fraud case department of Paypal gave the seller - Paypal themselves - an opportunity to respond to the case. Paypal never responded to their own fraud case against themselves. They then sent me notification that the fraud case against Paypal had been decided by Paypal in my favor and a refund would be coming. The refund showed up in my account. The the next day there was a debit on my Paypal account, unauthorized by me, by Paypal that removed the refund I'd just been given. I contacted the dispute center and they said the matter was under review and I should wait for the outcome of the review. I checked back, week after week, and was always told it was under review. After six months of being told it was under review I finally realized that they weren't going to help me. They gave me a refund because their own dispute center had realized I was owed my money back, then Paypal just straight up stole the refund they'd just given me from my account with no explanation.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Harmon20.

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the refund that you are trying to obtain from PayPal digital gifts. 

Can you please check the following link for additional information on how you can contact our digital gifts team https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/getting-support-for-digital-gift-card-purchases-from-pay... .

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Harmon20
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks dude, but I've been through that whole thing.

This was a months long fight that went nowhere. The phone number for Digital on the page you linked is never answered by anybody. I sat on hold for hours in a single call. Literally and without exaggeration. During the work day, put the phone on speaker, set it on my desk, and let the hold messages play while I work. Hours, no answer.

Calls and emails to Paypal proper result in being told, 'That's Digital, not us. You need to contact them.'

Emails to the Digital email address get bounced as undeliverable.

I have never been able to talk to anyone from Digital by any communication method, and even Paypal's own dispute resolution people were never able to talk to anyone from Digital.

Login to Me Too

tealeafer
Contributor
Contributor
I'm in Canada but finding myself in a similar situation. I purchased two e-gift cards and accidentally sent them to the wrong address, one that doesn't exist. However the funds still came out of my bank account. So there was no recipient and the seller is PayPal. The resolution process doesn't provide for this situation which is frustrating. I don't want to be on hold for ages if I call, I would prefer to resolve the issue online. Reading the responses here it seems as though a resolution can't be expected and your money is lost. Unacceptable to say the least. If anyone has any updates on how best to proceed or if a PayPal representative can be in contact/post here, I would be appreciated. I love the service PayPal delivers, it's helped me greatly. This is my first problem with it and I hope it can be resolved. I can't afford to throw away money.
Login to Me Too

CassandDavid
New Community Member
I just chatted online and altho they were busy and just got back to me as opposed to chatting online, She had my email resent within an hour of my initial contact! Superb service!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.