How does the PayPal Debit Card work?

arel3
Contributor
Contributor

I have funds in my account that I'd like to be able to use. My bank doesn't allow ACH transfers so I cannot connect my PayPal account to my bank account and I would rather not open a new bank account somewhere else so I'm considering getting PayPal's Debit card but I have some questions about it:
1. Can it be connected to my PayPal Account so I can transfer funnds to it?

2. If I can how long does that process take to set up before I'm able to transfer the funds to the card? Is it the same as connecting a bank account or is it faster?

3. Can I do all of the above with a PayPal Debit MasterCard bought from a store or do I have to wait to receive a card with my name on it in the mail if I do buy it from a store? I don't mind paying less than $3 for the card and loading $20 on to it at a store to have the card immediately instead of waiting 7-10 days to get a free one online mailed if the store-bought one works.

Mail doesn't work where I live. USPS does not deliver mail to my home although the post office (P.O. Boxes ONLY) less than one block away. So I have to have it sent somewhere else and pick it up and the next closest place I can do that at is a 40 mile round trip drive. 

I'm trying to call customer support to get these answers but, so far, I've been on hold for a ridiculous 1 hour and 56 minutes. At this rate The Masiah is going to come before they do. I hope the card is faster than their customer support.

I can't find the specific and detailed answers to these questions I'm looking for online. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.