How do I release my personal paypal.me url?

des12
Contributor
Contributor

How do I release my personal paypal.me url (FirstnameLastname) so I can use it in my new business account? (My business is also my name.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@des12 

Created PayPal.me urls are non-transferable. Not exactly sure (maybe a PayPal staff moderator can comment on this) but I would imagine that if you wanted to use your "personal" PayPal.me url as is, you could upgrade your personal account to a business account to keep the use of the url for your business and then downgrade your new business account (if you created one) to a personal account and create a new PayPal.me url for that if you want.

To upgrade personal account to business account, go to account settings (gear icon) and in the Account Options section click Upgrade to business account link.

To downgrade to a personal account from Business account, you'll have to call customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@des12 

Created PayPal.me urls are non-transferable. Not exactly sure (maybe a PayPal staff moderator can comment on this) but I would imagine that if you wanted to use your "personal" PayPal.me url as is, you could upgrade your personal account to a business account to keep the use of the url for your business and then downgrade your new business account (if you created one) to a personal account and create a new PayPal.me url for that if you want.

To upgrade personal account to business account, go to account settings (gear icon) and in the Account Options section click Upgrade to business account link.

To downgrade to a personal account from Business account, you'll have to call customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

des12
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, that is a solution!

But it takes a lot of effort. My suggestion to PayPal is to make it so we can manage (change AND release) paypal.me urls.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.