How do I get my money back from a scam site?

Elle2020
Contributor
Contributor

On May 1 I ordered 2 small tables for $100.99 from Usfitwear.com. Today, May 12, I wondered why I had not received them so I checked email and saw that a week ago a tracking number had been sent, so I checked the # and it said they had been delivered May 6 and that is NOT the truth!! So I went to Usfitwear's webpage to see how to contact them and my new computer security software wouldn't even let me access the page, saying it's a dangerous scam site.  When I googled the site I learned it has many complaints from the BBB and a very, very low rating. I sent them $100.99 thru Paypal for two tables I never received. I want to report them to Paypal but Paypal almost makes it almost impossible with all their links that all go places that are no help to the consumer whatsoever.  So my question is, can you please tell me in simple terms a child could understand how to report this company to Paypal and get my money back?  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

girlnamedjess
Contributor
Contributor
I can look into this for you more later. As I am trying to figure my own stuff out too. But I know there is a way for you to get your money back. PayPal is usually pretty good about scammy sites and such. Be careful moving forward for sure! Use amazon or eBay or another trusted site. Also these sites offer buyer protection as well. Sorry for your situation.
Login to Me Too

Elle2020
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, and any advice you can offer would be MOST appreciated, it is very kind of you! Once this is settled I am deleting my Paypal account as they make it too difficult to be reimbursed from scams, and I'm going to spread the word to everyone else as well. This just isn't right. Thank you again!

Login to Me Too

Ominion69
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am sorry as I am in the same situation, but with 2 websites. UPS confirmed delivery, but not to my address.... and paypal closed the case. I am going to call my Citi Visa, as I have buyer protection also. The bad part is, it took over a week... I ordered a firestick and have used ebay returns once and it was a breeze. So I went to another site that looked legit, had all their customer service contact information and ordered the same product. I got taken twice, but thankfully it's only less than $55.... I might be done with paypal, but definitely anything online that I'm not 100 % sure about. Just a fyi, I was buying Amazon firesticks. The 2nd case is still pending.. funny part is when I finally get shipping details for tracking the order, like you said, they said it was already received and delivered days before... messed up!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.