How can I use my PayPal Mastercard debit card? Where can I use it?

joydbrower
Contributor
Contributor

How can I use my PayPal Mastercard debit card?  Where can I use it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@joydbrower

The only detail I needed was the specific type of card. This a public forum and I'm not an employee. Please edit your post, and delete your phone number.

If you're having issues using, or activating your card, you can call debit card support. Their number is on the back of your card. I'll also link the PayPal activation page below.

http://paypal.com/activatecard

In your post you used the term "credit". Just so were both on the same page, I wanted to let you know that the Cash debit card is not able to be funded with your available PayPal Credit, if you do have that product.

The PayPal Cash debit card is funded directly with your PayPal Balance. If you have a zero PayPal balance ($0.00) your card wont be able to be used. It would be declined when trying to make a purchase or withdrawal from an atm.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@joydbrower

There are several PayPal debit Mastercards that work differently. 

Which specific PayPal card do you have?

Login to Me Too

joydbrower
Contributor
Contributor

My Mastercard Paypal is a Cash Debit card, and the expiration date is 12/20.  That's the only specific info that's printed on my card!  But I have a lot of credit that can be used - but, again, how & where can/should I use this card to access the credit that's still on it?!?  Now, it's very much like a totally useless piece of plastic that I'm carrying around in my wallet, but can't use anywhere!!  HELP!!

Thank you!   Joy D. Brower - <removed>

Post edited by Moderator to comply with Community guideline. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@joydbrower

The only detail I needed was the specific type of card. This a public forum and I'm not an employee. Please edit your post, and delete your phone number.

If you're having issues using, or activating your card, you can call debit card support. Their number is on the back of your card. I'll also link the PayPal activation page below.

http://paypal.com/activatecard

In your post you used the term "credit". Just so were both on the same page, I wanted to let you know that the Cash debit card is not able to be funded with your available PayPal Credit, if you do have that product.

The PayPal Cash debit card is funded directly with your PayPal Balance. If you have a zero PayPal balance ($0.00) your card wont be able to be used. It would be declined when trying to make a purchase or withdrawal from an atm.

Login to Me Too

joydbrower
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!  You answered my question very succinctly (in fact, a helluva lot more clearly than the "official" customer service person at PayPal!!)  Now I understand that the only way I can use this debit card is if I actually deposit $$ to my PayPal account!  It CAN'T be used as a credit card!  Got it!!  Thank you, again!

Login to Me Too

Gardenbaby26
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the clarity, I wasn't getting an answer from customer service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.