Hongquan Li (obngkv), seller of refurbished electric tools

cpulivel
Contributor
Contributor

Bought what I thought was refurbished electric tools from Hongquan <removed>. His charge appears as OBNGKV on your payment statement.

This seller has a fake email (a hottymail email address) and sends you a 1 oz USPS tracked package with the from address <removed>

PayPal resolution team is happy that a confirmed 1oz package was delivered to my address. Any dispute I raise is closed with "The resolution was not in your favor" message even though I provided them pictures of the package.

I know I was swindled. Looks like PayPal is OK with that.

This is just a head sup for the rest of paypal users.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpulivel 

You'll need to appeal by reaching out to customer service and due to the virus situation, response time will take longer. The "system" checks for tracking number and delivery and the city, state, zip, and country on the first round, nothing deep.

Get official documentation from the USPS that address was not your street address and was not delivered to said address. On appeal I presume a human looks at it if one calls in and end up speaking to one (even that can be hit or miss on occasion so one must persevere until it gets resolved). Or, you can dispute it via your card issuer instead and give them the evidence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cpulivel
Contributor
Contributor

USPS delivered a 1 oz package containing a sheet of stickers. Obviously, not the refurbished tools.

I updated my dispute with pictures of the label, which clearly indicates that the item is 1oz, and the picture of the stickers. PayPal automatically marked the additional submissions as closed.

Login to Me Too

SunflowerJanet
New Community Member

We were also a victim of this hoax.  I sent information to DeWalt because that is who we thought we were getting tools from.  They appreciated the information.  PayPal had already sent $$ from our account and could not dispute it because we authorized the payment, even though we caught it the same day with a fake email address too.  We received the USPS mailer today.  The small sticker package came from FanXiaoMei 17749 E. Valley Blvd City of Industry CA 91744.  It is too weird.  

I guess it is some consolation to know that we are not alone in this situation.  Sad that this stuff even happens at all.

Login to Me Too

Notlaw_62

Had the same thing happen to me - It was a banner ad on Yahoo. Thought it was a DeWalt factory reconditioned tool: Website is still up... 

https://www.dwodus.com/dewalt-dcs361m1-20v-max-cordless-lithiumion-714-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw... PayPal has been little help. I've had four disputes opened and closed. They even tried to tell me to sent the item back to a unreadable Chinese address and pay an undisclosed custom duties and a restocking fee. I keep getting PayPal to agree to credit me only to get a email a few days later saying I failed to sent the item back. Had to get my bank involved. I'm surprised that PayPal doesn't shut this guy down! I'm more disappointed in PayPal than the guy running the scam. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.