Has anyone made a purchase from https://kaaibaby.com?

NancyZL
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a purchase over a week ago and it hasn’t shipped and they will not respond to emails, which is the only way they have to be contacted.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NancyZL 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor
I made the purchase of a wig with this company. It finally arrived after almost six weeks, and what I received was nothing like what they advertised. I open a dispute with PayPal, and they found that my complain didn’t warrant a refund. Kaaibaby is a scam and PayPal should remove their pay option from them. I feel totally cheated.
Login to Me Too

RetiredRailGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I purchased 3 short grey wigs from Kaaibaby.com in the amount of $112.38.  When they finally arrived, one was bronzy red, one was greyish but it was shoulder length and the other one was advertised as Deep Part Pixie Wig. There was no part of any kind. The wigs were matted on top and of poor quality. I tried for days to get the address for the return via email but did not receive a response. And remember the wigs had to be returned within 14 days. I finally opened a dispute with PayPal. They were able to contact Shenzhen Tumbler Information Technology Co., Ltd. which must be the parent company. Shenzhen offered to refund less than half of the money I spent on the wigs. I refused the offer. When I got a response from PayPal after several days, they gave me an address to send the wigs back to. It is in China. Kaaibaby.com has a refund policy which states in part "Customers will only be charged once at most for shipping costs (this includes returns); No-restocking to be charged to the consumers for the return of the product." I paid the original shipping but I was told by PayPal that I was responsible for the return shipping and tracking fees. The shipping charges were quoted to me by Mailbox It shipping store at $113. That is more than the amount I paid for the wigs and doesn't include the tracking charges. When I complained to PayPal Customer Service they told me they negotiated with Shenzhen on my behalf but it was not their responsibility to enforce the return policy. 

Login to Me Too

Rebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is not doing right by us and this company. My experience is similar to yours. A total scam! PayPal should remove their pay option from this company as a way to defend us. I’m sorry you wasted your money as I did.
Login to Me Too

5Starfarm
Contributor
Contributor
Agree! Don’t let them scam more people. PayPal needs to stop letting them use their payment service. We are being scammed over and over by Chinese companies!!!!
Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

@RetiredRailGirl 

Yep.. that's nonsense right there $113USD returns....

Get a quote from SF-Express (who are a Chinese shipping company) and counter with that.

This is a major scam in China...

you get substandard garbage or incorrect goods, then they counter with a MASSIVE returns fee or a refund that is already 4* the cost of the goods.

you want to buy crap from China.. stick to Aliexpress, they have some fantastic reasonable prices product including wigs and the quality is getting better.

secondly NEVER buy from any shop that has their own "domain name", but then uses a  "gmail" account, if you host a website you generally get email for free.... tied to the SAME domain name.........

Login to Me Too

5Starfarm
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me! Cheap orange mini/small/child size plastic wig. Tried to return. They wanted to refund 18.00 of the 48.00. It was 100.00!!! to return it! Scam artists. Put them out of business!!!
Login to Me Too

Ruthlewellen201
Contributor
Contributor
I also made a purchase way over a month ago..Never received it heard anything...They should at least let you know...
Login to Me Too

Rebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor

please know that this company doesn’t communicate with their customers. They’re a total scam, and I do hope you receive the product you ordered, but please know that, what I received was not what they advertised. What I received, I could have bought at the $1 store. PayPal should remove their pay option from this company. Also, PayPal did not find my dispute worthy of a refund. It is a true shame to see that they’re getting away with this. 
I bought mine before all this virus complication started, and it arrived six weeks after I ordered. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.