*HELP* How to unlink paypal credit cards from HACKED ebay account?

Dumby
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My ebay account was hacked, email address was changed and username. I recieved email that "I" bought some T-shirt from ebay that costs 65 GBP but i didn't, I immediately reported paypal for that problem and it's pending now. So when I realised that i can't get my ebay account back I was searching on the google for past 2 hours for solution and I can't find it. I want to unlink my paypal account from my hacked ebay account but I don't know how. Alternative is making new paypal and everything but I want to see if I can do something first.

ANY HELP/COMMENT IS APPRECIATED! ❤️

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Dumby, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

I am sorry to hear that your eBay account has been compromised. I would recommend unlinking your PayPal account from the eBay account and this is completed on the eBay site. 

Here’s how to unlink your PayPal and eBay accounts:

1. Go to www.ebay.com and log in to your eBay account.
  2. Hover your mouse over ‘My eBay’ at the top of the page and click Summary.
  3. Under 'My eBay: Summary', click the Account tab.
  4. In the box on the left side of the page, click PayPal account.
  5. Click Unlink My PayPal Account to go to the PayPal website.
  6. On the PayPal website, enter your PayPal account password and click Unlink My Account.
  7. Click Return to eBay.

If you are unable to access your eBay account please cancel the Billing Agreement you have created between eBay and PayPal. This is completed on your PayPal account. 

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon near the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments, then Manage Pre-approved Payments.
  4. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
  5. In the 'Cancel Confirmation' pop-up, click Yes.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Dumby
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I don't have access to my eBay account anymore, email was changed and everything with it. I tried the second option you suggested, however when I go to Payments I don't see Manage Pre-approved Payments, I only see Manage Automatic Payments. Tried to link my card again and repeated the process and still no sign of Manage Pre-approved Payments. Maybe hacker unlinked my Paypal from that eBay account, I don't know just a thought.

Thank you for taking time to help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.