'Free £5 for downloading Paypal app' offer still hasn't been credited

ItsSawyer
Contributor
Contributor

The offer states that the £5 reward will be credited within 1 week of accepting the offer and downloading the Paypal app but it's been well over a week now and i still haven't heard or received anything. 

Has anybody else managed to successfully claim the £5 credit or is there anyone in the same boat as me and still waiting?

As a side note i definitely followed the steps correctly because i received a confirmation message to say the reward will be with me within 7 days after i downloaded the app.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

estromnov
Contributor
Contributor
I also have this issue - I realise that PayPal said that it was for the first 154,000 people or something like that but I know that I was one of those people because I got the email, I read that it was only for that number of people who have never used the app (I use the web version instead so I was again able to claim this offer) and now I still don't have the £5 offer. I'm glad I am not the only person as I have also been waiting since I got the email. I pretty much immediately saved the offer so its not like I was not one of the first 150,000+ people to do it as in that case I would not be eligible to claim the offer... Very strange. I would like the funds as I was going to put it towards a gift for my Mother that she wants and I know that other people could use it towards something so it would be nice if those that have claimed the offer like you and me could receive the funds from it. I may contact PayPal and ask them what has happened because a couple of other people have said that they haven't had anything from PayPal and its a bit annoying to have waited for a week to not have anything in the end 😕
Login to Me Too

ukheather
New Community Member

I have this issue and did it straight away and I know people who did it after me and got the money.

I was told that there is an issue which is known by engineers although I spend 4 HOURS today talking to one person who wouldn't listen and didn't have a clue and kept copy pasting replies...

Login to Me Too

ItsSawyer
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke to a customer service advisor last night and they copied and pasted a load of scripted replies back to me and honestly they were no help at all. After a while of going back and forward over the messenger and getting nowhere they told me to call the PayPal customer service phone number and speak to somebody there who "will definitely be able to help" I asked what somebody on a phone is going to do differently to the customer servive advisors on the messenger and they told me they have "greater access to my account and can confirm if i opted into the promotion on time" I've worked in many customer service jobs before and i know that they all share the same account privileges both on the phone and on live chat because they both use the same client. They also have direct access to other departments if they have any questions so i was basically being blown off to the telephone helpline so somebody else can do their job for them. Very lazy customer service. I've submitted a complaint to PayPal anyway stating that i followed the steps and received confirmation that the money would be in my account within a week so hopefully at the very least they pay it out as a gesture of goodwill because it's clearly a known issue on their end.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.