Free 3-month Spotify Premium trial not working properly. HELP!!!

chefronxo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to use the current promo which is free 3 months of Spotify Premium when you subscribe with PayPal. However when I click "Get Offer" it keeps giving me this error message:

Oops! It looks like this funding instrument is being used in another account with PayPal. Follow these steps to get this offer:

1. Go to your account settings > payment preferences
  2. Choose a different bank account, credit or
    debit card as your preferred way to pay

Come back to this page and try again

We apologize for the inconvenience!

I've tried everything so I don't understand why the issue's still occurring. I've changed my preferred method of payment several times, linked another Visa prepaid card, tried my debit card, etc. Still keeps giving me the same error. I tried getting this offer on another family member's PayPal account, and it kept giving them the same message too. We have our own bank accounts and debit cards; my family member and I don't share the same bank account or debit card on each other's PayPal accounts. I don't know what else to do.

PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

little_ghost
New Community Member

Hi! 

I'm having the same exact problem. I have also tried changing payment methods. I've never had a Spotify account before so can't be that either.
I've tried reaching out on the message centre - have had responses from two different support members but sadly neither of them make much sense!
Their responses are pasted below for reference but I'm going to message again as I'm stuck and have no clue what's going wrong here. Please help!!

Support Member 1: "I understand how important it is, please be advised that we have an ongoing issue during check out. I will forward your details as one of the affected customers to resolve your concern immediately."

Support Member 2: "I will get back to you if indeed we have a problem with Spotify. The last Report was still January 2020."

Will update with their further responses if I get anything 🙂

Login to Me Too

chefronxo
Contributor
Contributor
I tried it again the following day and it worked! I don’t know how or what changed. Try it on your computer rather than phone, make sure you’re not in incognito/private mode, and enter a different credit card that you never used on PayPal or Spotify before. Hope it works!
Login to Me Too

keithsansiro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks to chefronxo for the previous post from which I've taken the main issue.  This offer is via PayPal UK

I'm trying to use the current promo which is free 3 months of Spotify Premium UK when you subscribe with PayPal. However when I click "Get Offer" it keeps giving me this error message:

Oops! It looks like this funding instrument is being used in another account with PayPal. Follow these steps to get this offer:

1. Go to your account settings > payment preferences
  2. Choose a different bank account, credit or
    debit card as your preferred way to pay

Come back to this page and try again

We apologize for the inconvenience!

I've changed my preferred method of payment several times, tried my credit card, debit card, bank account. Still keeps giving me the same error. I tried getting this offer on my phone, and it gave the the same message too. I have confirmation that as Premium has never been activated on the account, I am elegible for a Premium trial.  I would prefer of course to have 3 months for free rather than 1 month via Spotify Directly.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.