Face ID fails to login on XS MAX

gmanpanthro
New Community Member

For the past week or so, my paypal app has failed to login successfully using my face id. Every other app that uses it to login works fine, its just the paypal app that fails, and reverts to asking me to logging in with my paypal password. iOS: 12.1 iPhone XS Max

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

velvis
Contributor
Contributor

This has been an issue on my iPhone X for weeks if not over a few month @gmanpanthro The issue occurred after I added 2FA (I use the google authenticator app) to my account for extra security. I've been in touch with PayPal support and the engineering team, however they have put my case on hold. Something tells me PayPal won't put any effort into fixing the bug until enough people report the issue. I can't even pull up my case with the provided ticket number. 

I was informed that turning off 2FA might be a work around for the mobile app not functioning properly. Once I turned 2FA off via the website I could login to the mobile app. I've since re-enabled it and I'm only using the website version. The fact PayPal isn't putting resources towards this issue leaves me with little confidence in PayPal's commitment to security.

I doubt that I'll ever hear from PayPal regarding this issue so I'm looking at alternatives.

Login to Me Too

kingdom23
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem on my iPhone XS.  Every time there is an update, I hope it will be fixed, but problem still persists.  PayPal were not able to shed any light on the issue I am having.  

Login to Me Too

SAH12345
New Community Member

Same problem here with iPhone XS Max. FaceID works on all other apps that support it, on Paypal app it ticks the "approved" once it recognises my face box as if its going to work then fails and asks for password/PIN.

Ironically I can then get iOS to autofill my password (must be stored in Safari) by FaceID within the app, it fills that it in and logs in ok

This has been broken for last 3 to 4 revisions to the App and as above keep hoping its going to be fixed but so far developers seem hell bent on adding changes that over time actually seem to be making the app harder to easily navigate to do what your trying to do.

Login to Me Too

velvis
Contributor
Contributor

I also cannot log in using my iPad Pro 10.5" model using Touch ID. I'm pretty sure it's not a FaceID thing. Customer support said that I was being logged into PayPal via the app even though I could not access my account. If I turn off 2FA everything works. Turn on 2FA and I cannot use the app. I'll open another case to report it is occurring on other devices.

Login to Me Too

magullo
New Community Member
Same problem here, X11 pro. No 2FA, but still can’t use face unlock.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.