Escalating a case poor investigation conducted by PayPal, unacceptable

Hasanguler
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal,

I bought a item from the website using PayPal to pay for it as it was protected on purchases. When I received the item, it was mis-sold and incorrectly described.

I am not sure if I opened the original case on a different category by then it was too late. However my case still stands as a consumers right this item is clearly not as described.

The item was advertised as an Automatic Pump as you can see on the website . However, what I received was a MANUAL pump as you can see via the attached images.

All I am am asking for, is to return this product and get my money back, the seller has not been helpful at all and is unwilling to provide me with a return postage label.

I am not sure why PayPal has closed my case, it was not looked into properly and wish for this to be sorted out, please help.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

What i sent to Paypal and said go to restitution center but can not open a case again.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hasanguler 

Go to closed case and view the information. It should say what kind of case you filed. Ideally, you should have file a "Significantly Not as Described" dispute. Note that PayPal does not provide for return postage or force the seller to issue you a return label within the dispute.

But PayPal does have a return shipping refund program but this return would only be eligible if you registered your account for the refund program before filing dispute. You may register your account to have future returns eligible for return shipping refund:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

PayPal may have denied your case because:

a) the seller provided proof of delivery against your Item Not Received claim.

b) you did not return item and provided proof of delivery in a Significantly Not as Described claim.

c) you filed unauthorized transaction claim.

d) your claim did not meet the requirement of "Significantly Not as Described" for one reason or another. Please see #8 of the Buyer Protection Policy.

To contact customer service to appeal your case or change the claim reason, you can message, live chat or use social media but realize that due to Covid-19, staff is reduced, phone lines limited or closed so response will take longer:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click available contact options.

Social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hasanguler
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help

SO what i done is like you said below

a) the seller provided proof of delivery against your Item Not Received claim.      (Seller done)

b) you did not return item and provided proof of delivery in a Significantly Not as Described claim. (waited for the seller to send postage cost because he sent the wrong tiem)

c) you filed unauthorized transaction claim. (i did this after the case was closed to the seller)

What next step should i take. i can not even appeal the case that was weird so i did c option to make it stand out.

But all went against me and i might lose my money for no reason and papal should have people working t help us. i called many times to paypal and the lines cuts of and online chat it is a computer that does not help.

What should i do next please thank you,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.