Dropping a Pre-paid Royal Mail Large letter/Small parcel into a Post Box

RussMcD
New Community Member

Im a bit confused on what can and cant go into a Post Box in the UK, using a Paypal pre-paid postage label...

The Royal Mail Website states :

"Where you can post / drop off letters and parcels depends on if you need proof of postage, how big/heavy the item is, the service you're using and how you bought your postage.
Postboxes: You can post your pre-paid** mail in a postbox if it fits and you don't need proof of postage.

Parcel Postboxes: You can post your pre-paid** large letters and parcels here if it fits and you don't need proof of posting

Items must weight 2kg or less  Maximum dimensions: length 44cm, width 35cm, depth 16cm.
**Special Delivery, International tracked, Tracked Returns without a barcode on the label and Mail Order Returns items without a barcode on the label must be posted in a Post Office branch."

But the email from PayPal following a purchase states :

"Ready to post your item?  Choose one of the following options:

Drop it off at the Post Office. If you're sending the item by Express 48 you'll be able to drop it off at any branch. Only select branches accept items sent by Express 24.
Pop it in to a post box. (Please note - this option is ONLY available for Royal Mail First Class and Airmail Small Packets)"

So can I print a 2nd class Small Package or Large Letter label and put it in a Post Box, providing it fits, and I don't need proof of posting ?  The instructions are not clear from either side.

I have done a few this way, and they seem to have been accepted, but I don't want to risk having a shipment held by RM down the line. 🤔

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.