Dollar General relaods $1 ?

Mfrazr525
Contributor
Contributor
I received email from PayPal offering $1 card reloads . Followed the instructions to a tee Even had the Dollar general store manager, that was assisting me, see and read the instructions from paypal, but they was not able to honor the reduced reload price and stated they had never heard of it. I Called customer support with PayPal, they was also uncertain about this offer aswell but did honor it for me . So what's the deal, is this Reload a real offer? It is on the website banner and I have an email from PayPal stated everything I have wrote here It has been a real hassle, when a reload should just be as quick as a single item purchase at a store
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Mfrazr525
Contributor
Contributor
Dang . Nobody knows about this ??
Login to Me Too

Kking0420
Contributor
Contributor
Same prob. Who is offering promo? Dollar General or Paypal? Dollar General had no clue.
Login to Me Too

Kking0420
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal customer service as well. They had no clue.  The representative asked that I grab a screen shot of the promo banner on the website. 

Grabbed the screen shot of the promo and am on hold with them now to get it sent to them so they can look into it. 

This is crazy!  Especially since the banner reads "Now until the end of September".  I can't imagine only two people have tried this without success.  I will post what I get from the customer service rep responds to my emailed screenshot of the promo banner!  (see attached screenshot!) Wish me luck!

clipboard_image_0.png

Login to Me Too

Mfrazr525
Contributor
Contributor
I sent all screenshots aswell to PayPal. Have not got a reply yet. PayPal is advertising this promo
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Mfrazr525

Sorry if you are unable to find information regarding this. I can see why that would be frustrating. 

I do know that this promotion was going on for adding cash at a store with customers. if you did receive the email on your account, you can view the $1 promotion by choosing to add cash at a store from your mobile app. This will then generate a barcode that you can use. If you don't see this promotion here, can you send me a screenshot of what you see? Just make sure to block out any personal information in the screenshot. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Kking0420
Contributor
Contributor

Drew, 

See attached screenshot. I attempted at my local Dollar General. > Opened App > Generated Barcode > Associate scanned code  - system charged $3.95. I asked her to try again, still couldn't get it to work. She checked with manager. Manager had no clue about any promotion and refused to honor the $1 promo cash load.  Of note, when I logged into my Paypal account today, the promo did not show up. It is a promo for something else. I failed to grab a screenshot of the new promo though. Sorry.  

Thank you, 

Karen

Dollar General Image.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @Kking0420

Please note that it is likely most managers/employees of Dollar General won't know about the offer. This is because, once the bar code is scanned it will show them the amount to charge, so they just go by that information. 

As you are stating that the amount isn't reflecting the offer, PayPal would have to research this further. I see that you have stated this is already being researched. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.