Do other companies cancel a debit card a week before it expires with zero notification?

Temp20220201d
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty sure none of my other card have ever done that.  So why does Paypal cancel someones card a week before the valid expiration date and BEFORE a new card has been activated with zero notification to the card owner?  <Removed>.  So I get to find out by being embarrassed and frustrated at the store a few times , as well as now have to transfer some funds to avoid an overdraft since I had to use another card .  After two phone calls and a lot of runaround She finally tells me Paypal has cancelled my current card a full 7 days till it expires without telling me ( I know, i said it before, it's worth mentioning twice ) and that since I have not activated the new card, which is probably just in the mail somewhere on it's way, that we now have to cancel that card as well, and re-send another card, which now will leave me without a debit card for probably two weeks or more.  Merry Christmas indeed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.