Do I have to have funds in my PayPal balance to use the PayPal cash card?

Jleworth
New Community Member

I just received my PayPal cash card but I'm a little confused about how it works. I’ve been trying to figure out if it’s necessary to add funds to my PayPal balance to use the card or if the funds would or could be automatically transferred from the bank account that have attached when I make a purchase with the card, without me having to continually add them to my PayPal balance. I have a debit card, A credit card, and a bank account attached to my PayPal account, and the online transactions that I typically do through PayPal have always automatically transferred funds from my source account directly to the vendor, so I haven’t ever had a need to keep funds in my actual PayPal balance. Ive done a bit of searching and the info I’ve found seems to indicate that there is a way to have the funds automatically transferred from my attached bank account to cover purchases made with the card, without manually adding to the PayPal balance. It even says that its not necessary to manually add funds when you go to make a transfer on the website, but I tried using the card the other day and it wouldn’t work. Can someone please help me out with this? I am also a little confused about how the automatic top-up feature works, as I had it enabled when I tried using the card the other day and it still got declined. Thank you 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.