Direct deposit for PayPal Business debit card

Scorpio_Girl
New Community Member

I just want to set up direct deposit for my PayPal Business debit card. This should not be this difficult!! I've called customer service and have been hung up on and have been left on hold for extended periods of time only to be left on hold again. This is ridiculous!! It's not an option in the app or on the website either!!! Can somebody PLEASE tell me what to do to get direct deposit for this card!!??

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

There is no direct deposit option for the PayPal Business debit card.

There is direct deposit for the PayPal Cash debit card. There is no charge for the Cash card and no monthly fee. When you order the PayPal Cash card new features are added to your PayPal account. 

Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't allow both the Business card and the Cash card, on the same PayPal account, at the same time. Also, there is no one percent cash back, and no option to use your bank as a back up funding source with the Cash debit card. 

Here is the link for the PayPal Cash debit card. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

LiquidVictory
New Community Member

When did this change? I've had a PayPal Business debit card for years and used direct deposit through it for about a year and a half for an online freelancing job I was doing. Now, I was looking to use it for direct deposit for my new job and it's unavailable.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal Prepaid MC debit card which cost 4.95 a month will take direct deposit from government checks,not sure private employer,check it out

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it looks like it will take private employer paychecks as well,

see this link

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

but it would cost you 4.95 a month

Login to Me Too

DislikePP
New Community Member

Terrible. Yet another reason I will go elsewhere as soon as possible. Paypal has only gotten worse. And now with COVID pandemic... no access to direct deposit for Business Debit?  Get it together!!!!

Login to Me Too

RPetty
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't really help at all.  I need direct deposit on my business account because my business account is linked to my business.

I can't get a Govt. Small Business Loan deposited into a personal account, it has to be deposited into my business account because it's a business loan.

So here at PayPal, I conveniently have a business account set up already and I've had it for nearly 15 years now.  All I need is for you kind folks at PayPal to allow me to  set up direct deposit so I can get my govt small business loan today deposited here into my business account because I need it badly as a result of this covert covid catastrophe. 

Login to Me Too

NikkiWin
Contributor
Contributor

This is the exact problem I am having and PayPal is just taking forever to respond and acting as if they don't understand what I am trying to say as they keep advising me to get the Prepaid Mastercard, which will not be set up the way my business account is. If you or anyone has any updates on this issue and what to do about it, please feel free to reach out...Customer service has already taken 4 days to address this concern of mine and still has yet to give me definitive advise. Thank you in advance to anyone who may have information on this situation!

Login to Me Too

RPetty
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't hold your breath Nikki, it's been 6 months for me and they still don't have the direct deposit option I need for my business account.

Login to Me Too

seanb99
Contributor
Contributor
I had to demote to a personal account from a business account just to get direct deposit. Not happy about that. Why does it have to be so difficult just to revive direct deposit on a business account? Please change this PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.