Direct Dipost Form

kenziemeis31
New Community Member
I am able to locate the routing and account number for direct deposit. However, my employer said I need a voi.ded check primted out for them to be able to set up direct deposit. Any ideas on how I would get one so I can avoid linking a whole different card to my account and doing it that way?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kenziemeis31 

You'll have to explain to your employer that the direct deposit is to your PayPal account, not to your personal bank account (where you can provide a voided check) otherwise you might as well set up direct deposit to your bank account. PayPal can't provide a voided check for you to do direct deposit but you can Print direct deposit form to give to your employer:

Here’s how to find your routing number or account number to set up a direct deposit with PayPal:

1. Go to your Profile.
  2. Click Set up or view direct deposit.
  3. The routing number and account number will be displayed if direct deposit is available on your account.
  4. You may also print the information by clicking Print direct deposit form.

TBH, if I have the choice to set up direct deposit with my bank account as opposed to PayPal, I'd choose bank account and use the bank's debit card to access those funds in general and link the debit card to PayPal and use that to buy with. Too many things can go wrong or problems right off the bat, like:

Once direct deposit with PayPal is set up, it will take 1-2 pay periods for this deposit to be effective. The funds will be deposited into your PayPal Cash Plus balance.

PayPal direct deposit would be good for the tax refund or something that is not your main money source. What if PayPal puts an account limitation on your account for some reason, for example? The funds'll be stuck and you'll have go back to a pay check with your employer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.