Denial of PayPal Cashback Mastercard

Pamchoir
Contributor
Contributor

I was denied the Mastercard because my credit was frozen.  I have unfrozen it temporarily but PayPal won't let me apply again.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mannygrammm
New Community Member
I had this same issue. I have not yet received a letter or email as to the official reason why. Did you ever get this resolved?
Login to Me Too

Pamchoir
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, I kept getting emails to apply for the card, so I lifted my freeze for a day, applied for the card, and was approved the same day.
Login to Me Too

MTBioGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me.  I had placed a freeze on one credit bureau account following the Experian hack years ago... I forgot to remove the freeze before applying for the PP Cash Back MC card and was promptly denied because they couldn't check my credit status.  My fault completely.  So I went back to my account and unblocked it but was then blocked from the PayPal application page AND told that I have to wait 60-90 days before I can reapply.  I couldn't get anyone to even look at my credit report.  I did nothing but forget that I had placed a freeze on my credit report account.  What did you do to get the application form to allow you to proceed?  I'm not even allowed to SEE the application form anymore from within the PP site.  Applying via the Synchrony Bank site doesn't work either because it simply sends you to the PP site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.