Debit Card

Jacques13
Contributor
Contributor

I heard someone talk about a PayPal debit card. He said you can get this card from PayPal and instead of transferring your funds to your bank account you can just use this PayPal card and do purchases or draw money at the bank. Does any body now something about this? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Jacques13

There are PayPal branded debit cards.

I've looked, and unfortunately I'm not finding any PayPal debit cards available for PayPal accounts in South Africa.

These cards are offered in few countries.

Login to Me Too

Jacques13
Contributor
Contributor
Could I get one in the United States and then use it in South Africa?
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Jacques13

To be issued a PayPal debit card in the US you will need a US Social Security Number.

It would be alright to use the card while traveling in South Africa.

The issue with using a US PayPal debit card in South Africa full time is that it would be bypassing the regulations imposed on South Africa PayPal accounts. I'm sure you're aware of the rules concerning your available balance needing to be withdrawn, and that accounts in South Africa are required to Top Up for every payment sent if a linked card is not being used for that payment.

There are PayPal debit cards available for purchase from stores in the US. These cards that are available in stores are only temporary cards with several restrictions. They are not able to be used for online purchases, nor can they be used to withdraw from a PayPal account balance at an atm.

Here is a PayPal link with details on having an account in another country.

https://www.paypal.com/za/selfhelp/article/can-i-change-my-paypal-address-to-another-country-faq1434

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.