Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lunamayah3 

Paypal phones are not up and running yet due to covid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ddean1062
New Community Member

Their phone number is <removed> but its no help at all!

Login to Me Too

Temp20201102b
New Community Member
How does one reach customer service? No luck on phone, 12 hours waiting for response to message. Issue is I'm unable to add money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201102b 

You can only add money if you have a paypal cash account in your country, so read the link for more information.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-faq1348

Secondly you do know that you don't have to add funds to your paypal account as a buyer don't you, paypal will take from any linked and confirmed bank account or card.

Lastly you may have to wait a few days for a reply to any message, as the phones are non operational everyone is messaging paypal so takes them longer to reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Steve2211
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if there is actually a customer service at PayPal? Tried the message system over 24 hours and no response?

The resolution system appears to require your concern to be about a specific transaction which is obviously not necessarily the case, as here. And the complaint system would have you complete an online form but when you submit or try to it says that it is not available. 

very frustrating. Any ideas welcome.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2211 

Phones are mostly in-operational at the moment due to covid.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Steve2211
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. So basically you can’t phone but you could try using a different social media site like twitter to contact them but they won’t reply to a direct email or message sent via their own system ? It might be me but that seems nuts. I’m 53 years old and just want a simple system for customer service. That doesn’t involve opening a twitter account or Facebook. I do appreciate the reply though. What if this was a serious security issue, perhaps someone has used your account etc. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2211 

Sadly I can only give you the options that are available.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Steve2211
Contributor
Contributor

The reference to age was simply to highlight the inadequacy of the PayPal system. Or lack there of. They rely on the ‘community’ to resolve issues rather than having a proper effective and robust system in place. Probably for financial reasons. And I do accept that Covid hasn’t helped but still, this falls below the level of customer service I’ve experience from any other company in quite some time. Thank you again for trying.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2211 

We solve hundreds of problems on here without the need for the user to go and contact customer services so I think putting the 'community' down is not appropriate.

However if it is an account issue then contacting customer services at the moment is yes a challenge.

That is why i give up my time on here to try and help as many as possible. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.