Creating payment link through e-invite

Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I created a paypal.me link and would like to use Paypal to collect money for an event, the price of which for each payee is based on criteria that they select in PayPal when paying.

For example, is there a way to set something up where the payee will select the number of attendees as well as the breakdown of different categories that will calculate the ticket price?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@0804 

That is beyond the scope of the PayPal.me link and a PayPal buy now/pay now button exported as email url would be more suitable.

The scope of the PayPal.me link capabilities are the following:

How do I request a specific amount?
Just add the amount you want to request to the end of your link. For example, use PayPal.Me/DiaRusso/25 to request $25.00. The request will be made in your default currency, which you can change at anytime in your PayPal account settings.

You can request a specific currency by adding the currency code to the amount. So to ask for Australian Dollars, for example, you would use PayPal.Me/DiaRusso/25AUD.

NOTE: Some countries have limits on the currencies that can be sent, so check with the sender that they can send you money in the currency you want.

However, I just had an idea which might be suitable. You can append the amount to the PayPal me link for x number of tickets

For example you can post/advertise your links like this:

Hi Folks! Buy tickets to my event by using the correct PayPal.me link according to number of tickets needed:

1 ticket: PayPal.Me/mylink/25

Couples ticket (2 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/40

Third Wheel ticket (3 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/65

Double Date ticket (4 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/90

Group ticket (5 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/240

(...and so on.)

Or if currency is crucial:

Hi Folks! Buy tickets to my event by using the correct PayPal.me link according to number of tickets needed:

1 ticket: PayPal.Me/mylink/25USD

Couples ticket (2 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/40USD

Third Wheel ticket (3 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/65USD

Double Date ticket (4 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/90USD

Group ticket (5 attendees): PayPal.Me/mylink/240USD

(...and so on.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.