Created label two weeks ago but has not shipped, deceptive or normal?

JoeBMW33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I bought an $1,100 item from a US merchant who has to procure the item from overseas.  This was going to take a few weeks for the merchant to receive it and then it would be shipped to me.  However, right after I placed the order, I got a UPS shipping notification with tracking.  I was surprised (and excited) because I had been in communication with him and knew it was going to take 2-3 weeks to get to me.

The label was created but it has not moved.  He does not have the item yet and when I asked him about why I got a UPS shipping notification, he said he would look into it.  I never heard back on this particular question and I am assuming that he created the label on purpose to expedite the paypal payment I sent to him.  Is this true that merchants don't get the funds until the item ships?  It really did not ship.

Is there anything to be concerned about here?  I understand it is an expensive item and he needs the funds to actually buy it, but communication has not been great.  I just want to make sure I am protected if something goes south here.

Thanks,

Joe

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hi JoeBMW33, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. The creation of a shipping label before the product is sent is a fairly standard process. If however, you do not receive the item purchased, you can raise a dispute with the seller. PayPal's Buyer Protection covers you in the event that you do not receive your item. Here's how to file a dispute: https://bit.ly/2QhoExR. I hope this information is helpful. Sean

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hi JoeBMW33, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. The creation of a shipping label before the product is sent is a fairly standard process. If however, you do not receive the item purchased, you can raise a dispute with the seller. PayPal's Buyer Protection covers you in the event that you do not receive your item. Here's how to file a dispute: https://bit.ly/2QhoExR. I hope this information is helpful. Sean

Login to Me Too

JoeBMW33
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sean, ironically, the seller called me yesterday and the item is now in transit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.