Confused about a fine point of Cash vs. Cash Plus upcoming account ?

timestreasures
Contributor
Contributor

Please note, this is a PERSONAL account situation (apparently business accounts will not be affected). Despite having an account since the 1990s, and receiving emails all along, I never got any email from PayPal about the upcoming changes (and no it never hit my Junk folder), but I have heard and seen some information elsewhere. I understand most of it, but am still confused about one area that is important to me ... 

I have been using funds in my PP account to pay for online purchases; if there is not enough in my PP balance to cover the full amount, "the system" has offered a choice of using either funds in my linked bank account or the back-up credit card I have registered with PayPal.

My understanding is that using PP account balance funds to make payments will no longer be allowed - to keep doing this, I must change to either a Cash or Cash Plus account.  But I have not been able to find anywhere, which of those two accounts I need to have, to keep using money in my PP balance to pay for something instead of having to go to my bank account or credit card.

So which account type is necessary - will a Cash account allow me to use the balance in my PayPal account to pay for online purchases ? Or must I switch to a Cash PLUS account.  Or is this function not going to be available in either type of account?

I apologize for the nuisance value but I simply can't find anywhere that this individual situation is addressed.  Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

mightbelucifer
New Community Member

Hey there,

The recent change was a bit confusing to me at first, if you have an iPhone it is similar to the apple pay cash account that is in your apple wallet. You can load money into it for a balance to use to pay with specifically. I have a personal account and do some selling on eBay; so i was automatically put into the Paypal cash+ account. From the overall understanding i can see from the changes. Paypal cash plus is for people who buy and sell; Paypal cash is just for using to buy online. With the paypal cash normal one, when someone sends you money it would prompt you to transfer it to you bank or leave into the wallet. But you still should be allowed to pay with your bank, the option is still available for me on Paypal cash+ so i would lean more towards that one. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

vowen59
New Community Member
Thanks for responding. It does help somewhat.
Login to Me Too

scottpulling1

It is very confusing.  Now I'm trying to close the Paypal Cash plus account.  Even more confusing.

Login to Me Too

MissElli5
New Community Member
Why do I have to wait so long for the card. Very inconvenient.
Login to Me Too

mreineman
Contributor
Contributor

@MissElli5 wrote:
Why do I have to wait so long for the card. Very inconvenient.

PayPal Cash or Cash Plus is a deposit account, so there is no card. Are you thinking of PayPal Credit or Smart Connect?

Login to Me Too

Dinkey1
Contributor
Contributor
Then why was I sent a paypal cash card?🤷‍♂️
Login to Me Too

Animals1315
New Community Member
That is not a cash card!, that is a credit card, they have a PayPal MasterCard now every time I sign in they ask me if I want one and hit no each time you might have accidentally hit yes thinking it was just regular terms of use.
Login to Me Too

mbg17
Contributor
Contributor

BEWARE! and Check your credit report  if you see SYNCB/PPC, you may have accidentally clicked an offer for a paypal credit card.   In your Paypal wallet, it will look something like this:  

PayPal balance

$0.00

Available in your PayPal Cash Plus balance . PayPal works without a balance No kidding! You can still use PayPal to shop or send money when your balance is zero. **

** this is the definition of credit**

Login to Me Too

Bethesdaman67
I don't believe that is correct , Yu can use PayPals secure payment benifiets but withdrawing actual money from a separate debit or credit card acct...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.