Concert Tickets for a Concert that was cancelled due to COVID-19

vwsaipan
New Community Member

So I sold concert tickets for CMA fest 2020, that was just cancelled 3 days ago.  I sent the buyer an email ASAP asking them if they wanted a refund or if they wanted the tickets - I don't have a phone number.  I have until June 1st to let Ticketmaster know if I want a refund or if I want to keep the tickets.  I have yet to hear back from the buyer if they still want to go to the concert or not.  I won't have the tickets until May 2021, since Ticketmaster is not going to mail them until then since this year was cancelled before the tickets were mailed out.  What do I do? Give them an automatic refund or keep emailing then just refund them the money if I don't hear from them a week before June 1st?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @vwsaipan

Thanks for reaching Community forum. I hope you're doing well. 

I suggest that you issue them a refund since the concert is cancelled and send them also an email why you refunded them. This will help you establish a good selling record and it can avoid possible complaints and dispute. Best of luck and stay safe. 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.