Check Cashing App Closes

APRILFASS123
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using the check cashing feature without issue for 6+ months now. Suddenly, today, it shuts down when I click the "Take a photo" button. Anybody else have this problem and success fixing it? There was a recent app update; does that have anything to do with it? Any and All help would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

bash7325
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue.  Been using this feature for over a year and cannot get it to work at all now. 

Login to Me Too

jarvisisis
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here. As soon as I try to take a photo the app goes back to my balance screen. Ever since the Android 10 update I have had issues with many apps so it could be the update that is causing this issue.
Login to Me Too

jarvisisis
Contributor
Contributor
April, I was able to find a temporary fix. If you have Android, uninstall the PayPal app and then go to this link https://androidapksfree.com/paypal/com-paypal-android-p2pmobile/download-old/paypal-7-14-1-115007240... This is the previous version, before the update. Install and login as normal. You'll be able to cash your check without issues. Hope it helps!!
Login to Me Too

APRILFASS123
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A SHOT.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SHARE THAT WITH ME 🙂

Login to Me Too

APRILFASS123
Contributor
Contributor

Did you try this yourself ?  My phone is giving me a lot of security warnings .......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @APRILFASS123 and @bash7325

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In this case, we do recommend deleting and reinstalling your app. However, we don't recommend downloading previous versions of our apps. If you continue to have issues with this, please report this issue to us. Just click Contact us at the bottom of the page, Log in with PayPal, then fill out the information in all the required fields.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mclovin0531
Contributor
Contributor
Then can they fix this? I've seen this all over the place and not a single person from the actual team seems to be offering any solutions whatsoever. It's ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Mclovin0531, 

If you are still having issues with this please follow the steps @PayPal_Trica provided and report it to us. Once your report is received we can look into it further for you. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.