Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

weiz
Contributor
Contributor

Fee like passing out the number you had like with? Any specific keywords or departments to try and get to? I really need to get mine changed, or simply create an entirely new account just to change one tiny setting.

Due to the .me link, I've already been doxed 4 times, one of them involving my elderly mother.

Because I have such a unique name (about 3 of us in the USA), I rather not expose myself so much.

On top of that, the goal of this account will be changing from personal to possibly business in the future, and if that's happening the link most certainly has to change.

Login to Me Too

Gwharton
Contributor
Contributor
It was just the regular support line. He searched on his internal knowldgebase and found an article from a colleague suggesting the links could be deleted. He went into my settings and saw an option for delete. I told him to try it and I immediately refreshed my page and got straight back to the sign-up where I could choose a new name
Login to Me Too

DivineHSD
Contributor
Contributor
Hi can anyone tell me how to change my PayPal.me link? I need to change it to another name, TX
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DivineHSD 

Sadly no you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DivineHSD
Contributor
Contributor
Urgghh didn't know before chose it. Even if I did it's abit lousy since we may change biz or such
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DivineHSD 

Yep seems a bit daft doesn't it, but loads of folks asking for years to be able to change it but paypal have never allowed it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

un1ted
Contributor
Contributor

I just got mine changed, a support agent had the option to delete it from my account and I was then able to go through the process again as if I had not created on in the first place allowing me to set a new one. So just call up and ask that they delete your Paypal.me and profit?

Login to Me Too

Polly18
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for this - worked for me too!

Login to Me Too

soulskiberlin
New Community Member

Worked for me too. Customer service was surprised that it is possible but i reffered to this page, he asked a guy in the tech team and did it. Nice call and we both laughed in the end, cause we learned something new today 😉 

Login to Me Too

SLScreenPrint

Thank you, Calling into support and having the agent remove my Paypal.me link and profile allowed me to change it! 

So glad this was able to be changed for the sake of business confusion 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.