cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change PayPal.me Url

SOLVED

Re: Change PayPal.me Url

I didn't realize I was only allowed to have one PayPal.me account nor that I would NEVER be able to edit the account name or change it!

This is ridiculous.  I can't tell you how mad I am at not being allowed to edit or change my name.  I assumed that I would have those options.  I called and the customer service rep wasn't even nice.  I was told I could open another account.  Why?  I don't want to do that, I have one account, and that is all I need!  This is infuriating beyond belief.  Let me pay for different name if it is that complicated!

New Community Member

That's pretty ridiculous that we can't change it. 

New Community Member

I too need this since I ended up making my personal account my business account but my want URL under biz and not personal name.
New Community Member

Hi,

I would suggest that not just should we have the option to change the PayPal.Me link but to also have the freedom to create subdomains or campaigns with this. Say in fcmpglead's case, a fundraiser would be for various purposes, and it could go well beyond just school activities into the working world.

Thanks.

New Community Member

Can't use it until this is fixed. Very stupid design decision.
New Community Member

Me too... or let us have 2 paypal.me urls

New Community Member

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

so its now 2018 almost 3years down the road and stil not option............ @PayPal_david give us a date please...
ive created a paypal.me not knowing it would show all my details wich are not needed for the entire internet to see. but i cannot change those details and i cannot change the paypalme cause i thought o ill create new paypal with my online nickname and then a new paypal me so it wont have all that info but i stil CANNOT change paypalme link...... very very sad to see such a major company take the **bleep** out of its users.

Tags (2)
New Community Member

David, 

Years have gone by since this thread was started asking for this change and nothing has happened. Why not?

Just read this was solved. This is not solved. If so how? Even your FAQs state that pretty much. Its NOT SOLVED. Allow us to change the link name for crying out loud.

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hey Maffhew,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but this isn't a possibility at the moment. It may become an options for customers at some point in future but it's not currently an available feature on the PayPal.me service at this time.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the relevant teams. If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, you know where to find us.

David.

New Community Member

Well - this really stinks, I do not even want to keep my PayPal account now. Before you could have multiple links - now just one and you can't change it?

My URL is raffle tickets?! No one is going to use that link when I am not doing raffle tickets (SO IT IS UTTERLY USELESS TO ME), if it can not be changed - WHY DO YOU NOT GIVE CUSTOMERS A *WARNING POP_UP, advising them that they need to choose wisely - BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE CHANGED?!!!

Not cool PP, not cool at all 😞