cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change PayPal.me Url

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Change PayPal.me Url

The feature is utterly useless unless we can change the name over time!  Running campaigns for events, I originally setup the link with the first event name, now I'm stuck with it!

Ridiculous that we can't just change it.

Get this sorted!!!

Tags (1)

I would also like to change my url. Or have the ability to use a business and personal one separately

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome to Thorg as a new member.

Once you create your PayPal.Me page, your PayPal link will be permanent and you won't be able to edit it. At present we are not in the process of changing this restriction.

- Siobhan

New Community Member

good god. 

REAL NAMES?

I mean for real. 

why not use our pseudonyms.

Hey Matthew, this is a desperately needed fix! I've also mistakenly used my nickname instead of my legal name when I was setting up my PayPal account, didn't realise this couldn't be changed and now can't use my PayPalMe link outside my close friends and family because I don't want to use my nickname for requesting payments from work and business associates. This really needs to be a readily available option.
New Community Member

I created a paypal.me link when it was first introduced, and haven't used it because I needed to edit it.

Very amazed that there is no way for the end client to edit it, let alone PayPal's administrator....

Has this option been fixed or addressed yet? I agree that there is a need for it. I need to change my URL as my business has changed and one has nothing to do with the other.

Absent ANY WARNING AT ALL on the setup screen or double-click verification at the time of setting up a PayPayl.me link that (1) it can't be deleted, (2) it can't be changed, and (3) it's PUBLIC, it needs to be either removable or changeable.

#SuperFail, PayPal.

New Community Member

Some of us have businesses that became LLC or Corporations and name changes have occurred.  It would be advantageous to enable additional links and/or name change for business owners in our situation.  Thank you. 

Tags (1)
New Community Member

Please consider allowing those that upgrade from personal to business accounts change our URLs one time.