376 REPLIES 376

Kolarevich
Contributor
Contributor

yeah 🤣

Login to Me Too

ASH7KS
New Community Member

Hello , I would like to know if I can change the paypalme username if it's possible , if yes how then!?

Login to Me Too

Stromos
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so angry right now! Because I wasn't sure how the PayPal.me works, and thinking this link would link me up to the website where I was hoping to receive donations for my uploaded video, so I typed in Brighteoncom, and now it's permanent. Wow! That is so freaking ridiculous when considering their was no warning, no nothing to indicate that what I was about to do would be made permanent.

PayPal, in order to fix this problem, am I now required to transfer all my money back into my Commonwealth savings account, then delete my PayPal account, then register for a new account? Will that fix the problem?

Or can I simply disable this PayPal URL link, then register for a secondary PayPal account to receive donations?

It's absolutely appalling to see that people were complaining about this problem back in 2015. Now 5 years later, and there are over 35 pages of angry people here in the PayPal Community who are still complaining over the same thing. Yet after all that's been said and done, PayPal still has done absolutely nothing to fix the problem. Pfft!

That kind of attitude has taught me a very powerful lesson. Now I can see that PayPal doesn't give a damn about it's customers!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stromos 

If you didn't know how it worked then why did you not read up on it first?

Loads of info in the FAQ or you could have just asked on here.

Paypal supplies the info on how it works and that you can't change it once you have opened one, all you have to do is take 5 mins to read it.

Yes 35 pages but compare that to the amount of folks that have opened a paypal.me account correctly and the number of folk on here is small in comparison.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stromos
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass, I didn't read up on it because I'm always in a rush juggling multiple things, and want to hurry up and get things done. There's just too much information overload to process within a given day when surfing the internet.

Most of my learning comes from trial and error. I have the habit of tinkering around with things first to see how it works, and if I cannot figure it out, that's when I turn to reading instructions. Thus, me tinkering around with the PayPal.me in order to figure it out, I suppose, was my ultimate downfall, hey? But who would have thought in a million years that my tinkering would lead to it being a permanent affixture. There should have been a warning, and that to me is totally unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stromos 

Can't change our personalities can we, by other half is like you, rather than spend 5 minutes reading the instructions he spends hours 'getting it wrong' 😃

Me I am a 'lets google it' or 'read up on it first' type of person so I would have come on here first to check.....its how i came here in the first place....with a question.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

thatsawkward
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass that's pretty unhelpful and missing the point.

I suspect the overwhelming majority of us did not set it up wrong or make a mistake.  Life moves on, we get married, we change our names, we change how we wish to be identified, our businesses grow or fail or our brands need to be updated or we just want to re-invent our businesses or ourselves.

We're not all incapable of correctly setting up a user ID.  But Paypal seems incapable of accepting the reality that the one ID we choose, potentially years ago, is not necessarily the ID we wish to use for the rest of our lives.

I continue to argue that this is one of the most ridiculous, short-sighted and customer-unfriendly Paypal feature.  And quite possibly illegal and, at the very least, morally questionable.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thatsawkward 

I was directed my response at @Stromos  and not you and adding a bit of humour to my post, sorry it past you by but as it was not directed at you in the first place you can happily ignore it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chocolatebaby2
New Community Member
How can I edit my PayPal me link
Login to Me Too

Gwharton
Contributor
Contributor

Good news everyone!

I rang Paypal support today and asked them to change my link. They advised me it couldn't be done, but he said on his system he now has an option to delete an existing paypal.me link. He deleted mine, and when i went to my Paypal.me admin page, it asked me to create a new link, which succeeded. I now have renamed my paypal.me link.

Best wishes

Graham Wharton

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.