Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennifer8 

If it was for an important reason like that then you would have the option to close down your paypal account and open a totally new one with new name etc if appropriate and a new paypal.me link?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jennifer8
Contributor
Contributor
That's not really a solution though is it? Telling people to close their account? Any business mind knows you do everything in your power to keep an account active, not tell them to start over. How many people have decided to close their account then found it too difficult to open a new one and just gone elsewhere? And how would you deal with a business transfer, where the business name and all associated links are included (as they should be) in the sale? How would you maintain a bought and sold clientele who are sending money to the wrong person?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennifer8 

Then feel free to put your own solution on here if you can do any better.

All I can do is give advice and options on what you CAN do, its up to users if thats an option for them or not.

But I will await your BETTER solution? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vics26
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe in year 2022 we will finally get a solution from PayPal, if we're lucky.

Login to Me Too

jarmake
Contributor
Contributor

Everybody please sign the petition on change.org that is found on page 27 of this thread so we can have some pressure towards PayPal.

For what it is worth my reasons to change the link would be religious. The link includes refrences to an ideology I no longer believe in and it really frustrates me because I don't want to promote that ideology anymore. I can't use the link anymore.

Login to Me Too

Kosta72

Same for me. Im guessing you cant even delete the paypalme link and make a new one? I tried but it just says "you already have a link"... Infuriating. I needed to use this today but i have to change the name. It was a last minute thing and now i learn you cant do anything about this... Can i deactivate my whole PayPal and do a new one from scratch perhaps? 

Login to Me Too

Kosta72

Cant we even delete the paypal.me link we made?! Im going nuts here! PayPal will not make any money from me if i cant change the URL. We must be allowed to delete it and make a new link, no? Its madness if this isnt the case and i never saw some big warning when making the paypal.me link telling me i will never be able to change the name or remove it...

What are you doing PayPal?!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526EF
New Community Member
How can I change my paypal.me link name
Login to Me Too

dotjaz
New Community Member
It's ridiculous not allowing people to change the URL. At least give us more than one URLs, say 2 or 3, and hide none primary ones.
Login to Me Too

paulbandawe
Contributor
Contributor
I mean, what justification is there for me to be confined into a name which I accidentally put in the beginning? This is very unfair. Sometimes I feel ashamed to share my link to my customers. This issue must be carefully considered.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.