cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change PayPal.me Url

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: Change PayPal.me Url

Registered here to say the same, even if it's at the cost of a fee, we NEED an option to change our paypal.me URL

Contributor

Paypal.me

Hi..is there any way to change ny paypal.me name? Thanks

Contributor

It's unbeliavable that after 5 years this is not fixed yet!!!

Esteemed Advisor

@GiovanniOr2 

Nothing to be fixed, paypal have already said that they have no intention of doing so which is why they say this..........

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

This is seriously the most ridiculous thing. I just started a home business. I have been a paypal customer since PayPal started. I have used it both to receive and send money. I just added my new business email account to my existing account and switched to a business account so everything is in the same place. I can’t change my PayPal.me link to my business name. Why did I even sign up. I come here for a solution and for years you get the same complaint and do nothing!!! If anything you should be able to have more than one PayPal.me link associated with your account so if it’s personal it’s one or if I’m selling motorcycle parts it’s another and gift baskets another. So someone wants to buy a gift basket they get a link that says “motorcycle parts” wth? Stupid! Going to Apple Pay and Cash app! This was supposed to be an easy solution and you blew it! Check out the fact that some of these comments have 200,000+ views. Imagine that many people would like a solution and you guys do not care. Shame!
Esteemed Advisor

@TWSS 

You best check with customer services on this one but as you are allowed x2 paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business then are you allowed x2 paypal.me links (x1 personal and x1 business)................maybe a moderator would post a reply to enlighten us on that one?

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Thank you for your response - unfortunately it's not really a solution to what is essentially a major flaw in the PayPal's capabilities.  I don't want a business account what I want is the ability to edit the PayPal.me URL so I can use it for something else, ideally multiple uses for different purposes but at the very least to something anodyne instead of the specific one i gave it originally not realising that the functionality of PayPal would be so limited as to not allow me to change it later.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Change PayPal.me URL

This gets asked a lot! Paypal please take note, there are topics asking for this functionality going back 4 years...

Let us change our URLs this should not be hard.  I'm stuck with one I set up for my wedding, I even called PayPal tech support and talked to a chap who'd set his up as PayPalTest and probably won't work for you forever. It's really silly. 

New Community Member

Please consider the possibility of changing this so that users who later become a business have the ability to let it match their business name.

New Community Member

Ugh... this is so frustrating because I changed my business name so it’s be easier for people to remember but I can’t change the PayPal.me link to match the new name!!! If I had known I’d be stuck with that name forever, I would have just made the link under my regular name... 😛