maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Sammuel
New Community Member

I also want the feature to change the url name as I wasn't aware it would have been permanent and I'm stuck with a name of the recipient and I don't want it be visible in any way to other different recipients. It really sucks!

Having the feature to change the url name allows the recipients to give more trust to the service (especially new PayPal users) if they read a familiar name instead of a generic/specific one. How come this wasn't in your top priorities agenda in the PayPal.me project? Come on guys, you can do it.

Login to Me Too

jcwtw
New Community Member

Can someone suggest an alternative to Paypal.me? I am tired of their inability to respond.

Login to Me Too

KC89
New Community Member

Well it looks like people will continue to bug the MODS on this almost 3 year old thread of customers practically begging for a fix,  and mods saying the same thing LOL. I'm closing my account and will be dealing with other services until paypal can fix this. Theres no good reason why not, unless they can bother to explain it. People that want to be identified by their paypal.me accounts cant, and people that want a little more discretion can't get it. Fix it! Seems more like a politics issue and less of a technical/security thing lol.

Login to Me Too

alfasigma
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. It's a shame on 21th century and there's no such an option??!!

Login to Me Too

kbdavis

At the very least, if you won't allow us to change our .Me URL, at least give us all one with a generic ID # (Meaning two .me links).

So we can all have our very regretted URLs like PayPal.me/iRegretThisUrl and a generic PayPal.me/AB123456

Login to Me Too

rstandis

Agreed! - if its a security issue than just restrict it to one change every three months or something similar. Can't believe its taken 3 years to change a URL for a SaaS payment service!

Login to Me Too

LeslieF026
New Community Member

I had no idea this was permanent and made it say BabyShower for all those donating....now I need it to raise funds for another event and its tacky and everyone keeps asking me what's that babyshower thing?

Login to Me Too

ginger5
New Community Member

My business name changed so I need my paypal.me to change as well.  Until it's an option I have it turned off and won't use it.

Login to Me Too

Jennifer8
Contributor
Contributor

3 years, feels like this thread has been hitting my inbox for longer than that.. Absolute joke. This clearly is going no where, may I suggest a change of direction? Has anyone found a good alternative? Someone mentioned square cash..

Moderators not welcome past this point unless they actually have something constructive to say (which they haven't had yet). The repeated copy/paste responses only inflame the situation.

Login to Me Too

drProton

Fix this, please. Now I need to set up an alternative account. Oy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.