Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

SouledOutSneaks
Contributor
Contributor
Can you imagine if we were all stuck with the original email handles we made? Absolutely crazy that they still haven't figured a solution or work around for this. I'd like to change my link for my new business but instead I'm stuck sending my customers a weird link that looks really unprofessional.
Login to Me Too

jarmake
Contributor
Contributor

The top executive at PayPal who bulldozed the idea of permanent PayPal.me urls should be fired or removed from board. Hopefully already has been. This is the single most stupid idea PayPal has every implemented and their continued stubborness to ignore users request to change this policy is appalling. Everybody working for PayPal should be ashamed to be working for a company that has zero regard to their customers. I couldn't work in a company that considers customers as a nuisance rather that valued asset. Customers are your stakeholders in the end.

You can't really even contact a human at PayPal "support" regarding anything like this, you have to initiate faceless process from list of pre-defined issues, and anything else can't even be an issue in PayPal universe, it's not allowed. I wish I could just close my PayPal account and be done with it but in some recurring payments I can't use anything else. I hate you PayPal. I truly do. I have the same lack of respect to you as you have to me.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I've been in this discussion topic for years. The fact of the matter is, they will not improve this "service". Not because they can't but because they won't.

Look at the top of the page. It says solved.

Every time this topic is brought up, it is ignored and marked as solved instantly and merged into the one thread, to make it easier to ignore. They parrot the same robotic response to us as though we've asked them how to do it, and move on. The closest thing to advice they give is to tell users to close their accounts and start new ones, and we aren't even given a good reason as to why we can't change it, or why they don't add this feature. At this point it's just bloody minded stubbornness. I feel that the reason is simple though, Paypal cares more about money than their customers.

Making it possible to change your address, even a finite number of times only benefits the customers, not the fat wallets at the top of the pyramid, this means that they would have to pay someone to develop a feature that doesn't directly benefit their profit margins, and Paypal isn't in the business of spending money, only making it. So why would they ever waste money on us pathetic peons that are dumb enough to use their service?

Way to take the "pal" out of PayPal.

I've posted this before, and I'll post it again; there are many reasons why someone might need to change their paypal.me address:

• Change on name due to marriage
  • Change of name due to identity protection
  • Change of name due to Trans status
  • Change of business name
  • Change of business name REQUIRED by LAW

Needing to change your paypal.me name isn't just a case of not being careful, there are many situation in life where you simply have to change your name, and the fact that Paypal will not allow users to change their names under ANY circumstance, is frustrating and unhelpful at least, and regressive at worst.

I for one am sick of being ignored, so unless this feature gets some forward momentum, I will be taking PayPal's advice and closing my account, but instead of opening a new one here, I'll be doing so with one of their competitors, and I encourage everyone who is frustrated with being hand waved away do the same.

https://ecommerce-platforms.com/articles/paypal-alternatives

Login to Me Too

Kolarevich
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to delete account first, then create it again with same email address, insert card and make new paypal.me?

It should be option to delete completely account, without them keeping the data and also unlink the email, and then create it again?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

creatorpult
New Community Member

I noticed just as I clicked the submit button that I missepelled my own company name. Sigh...

Login to Me Too

iwmfg

I will also be switching to another buying service. PayPal charges a big commission & gives lousy service in return!

RS

Login to Me Too

Raleighwood007
Contributor
Contributor
I need to change mine to. I didn’t realize what I was doing when it came up and Accidentally hit the button
Login to Me Too

MrHibbit
Contributor
Contributor
Geeez.. 230+ thousand views on this thread.. you'd think PayPal might've made some action on this issue by now. I think these forums are quite useless. It's the same with being able to create a shortcut name to payment methods.. thousands of people asking.. nothing gets done.
Login to Me Too

Kolarevich
Contributor
Contributor

That's why Elon Musk sold it. 😂

Login to Me Too

thatsawkward
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, he setup his paypal.me as elonmuks and couldn't change it...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.