Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

trapless
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why so many people have found the 'solution' helpful. There has been no solution provided. I ask that everyone who finds this thread to please call PayPal and have the person on the phone do what he can to pass the message up the ladder. I've done that and also had someone on live help chat do so as well. Contact methods are found at: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Login to Me Too

Toonfan
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to add my own request to fix this problem to this lengthy list of fix requests.  It is seriously substandard that there is no solution to this simple and obviously broken functionality.

Login to Me Too

2manyobstacles
Contributor
Contributor

Kind of unbelievable that five years later, PayPal STILL hasn't fixed this. Seriously disappointing, PayPal. Not that anyone at the corporation is reading this thread anymore. LAME. #shame

Login to Me Too

Beaubeauart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi..is there any way to change ny paypal.me name? Thanks

Login to Me Too

bigbeautifulfly
Contributor
Contributor

Registered here to say the same, even if it's at the cost of a fee, we NEED an option to change our paypal.me URL

Login to Me Too

GiovanniOr2
Contributor
Contributor

It's unbeliavable that after 5 years this is not fixed yet!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GiovanniOr2 

Nothing to be fixed, paypal have already said that they have no intention of doing so which is why they say this..........

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TWSS
This is seriously the most ridiculous thing. I just started a home business. I have been a paypal customer since PayPal started. I have used it both to receive and send money. I just added my new business email account to my existing account and switched to a business account so everything is in the same place. I can’t change my PayPal.me link to my business name. Why did I even sign up. I come here for a solution and for years you get the same complaint and do nothing!!! If anything you should be able to have more than one PayPal.me link associated with your account so if it’s personal it’s one or if I’m selling motorcycle parts it’s another and gift baskets another. So someone wants to buy a gift basket they get a link that says “motorcycle parts” wth? Stupid! Going to Apple Pay and Cash app! This was supposed to be an easy solution and you blew it! Check out the fact that some of these comments have 200,000+ views. Imagine that many people would like a solution and you guys do not care. Shame!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TWSS 

You best check with customer services on this one but as you are allowed x2 paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business then are you allowed x2 paypal.me links (x1 personal and x1 business)................maybe a moderator would post a reply to enlighten us on that one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Toonfan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response - unfortunately it's not really a solution to what is essentially a major flaw in the PayPal's capabilities.  I don't want a business account what I want is the ability to edit the PayPal.me URL so I can use it for something else, ideally multiple uses for different purposes but at the very least to something anodyne instead of the specific one i gave it originally not realising that the functionality of PayPal would be so limited as to not allow me to change it later.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.