Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoanstreesRock 

Sadly you can't, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

And they have confirmed many times that they do not intend to change that policy in the near future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RoanstreesRock
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for answers , I wonder why they don't allow changes when there are so many circumstances where it is needed / required!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoanstreesRock 

Does seem odd that they don't.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kolarevich
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree. 

Login to Me Too

Good question! Answer ~ I have decided to attach my .me link to my main consulting firm and without the ability to change the .me link I would not use it as it does not reflect or brand the correct name. And using a bit.ly link for finanacial purposes is not recommended as many do not trust links outside of the media they are using.

Login to Me Too

thechefette
Contributor
Contributor

i made a link specifically for a group trip and I didn't think the trip name would be a permenate link for everything I do. therefore I want to change it

Login to Me Too

Krat6
Contributor
Contributor

I have a misspelling in mine that renders it useless. 😞

Login to Me Too

Shamone69
New Community Member
I misspelled mine too would love to change it the once if possible 😭
Login to Me Too

prodigyexe
New Community Member

My current is <removed>,  however I recently changed my name to acquire something more professional, but I'm stuck with that url ;(

@LongtimeMemberwrote:

What purpose would the uRL name change have?  but in any event yo could try a online link renaming tool like Bit_ly to creat a custom URL link.  We fime the customization of the payment portal that the customers sees once they click the lnk is quite effective.

Login to Me Too

debrooks69
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we should definitely have the option to change/update our paypal.me url link as needed.  I recently got a divorce and my link has my ex-husband's last name. I want to change it to my maiden name, but now am stuck with it. This sucks! 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.