cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change PayPal.me Url

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Change PayPal.me Url

For me, I chose my married name, never anticipating I would get divorced. I do NOT want to use a name that associates with my exhusband. Paypal get on this. Let us change our .me names. 

Contributor

Hi.. It is for real that we cannot change the URL i have a name that i really trying to change because its to long to remember pls let us do this.

The original post requesting this feature is from 2015, by this point it seems pretty clear to me (albeit rather frustrating) that PayPal have no intention of changing this, and adding the capability to change one's PayPal.me URL. I've seem people comment stuff like "This is why they say to choose carefully." and other sarcastic unhelpful stuff, however, there is more than one reason that a person may have chosen carefully but now need to change their URL.

A legal change of name for example, due to divorce, marriage, sex reassignment, or any other legally recognised change of identity.

People don't necessarily think when they make their account that they may get divorced, and frankly, I just don't think Paypal give a **bleep**.

Contributor

How to retreive a PayPal.me Url from an account you own and you have already closed it?

Dear Community,

Does PayPal.me release the Url already taken by a closed account?

If yes, what about the grace period?

Highlighted
Contributor

I don't understand why so many people have found the 'solution' helpful. There has been no solution provided. I ask that everyone who finds this thread to please call PayPal and have the person on the phone do what he can to pass the message up the ladder. I've done that and also had someone on live help chat do so as well. Contact methods are found at: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Tags (1)
Contributor

I would like to add my own request to fix this problem to this lengthy list of fix requests.  It is seriously substandard that there is no solution to this simple and obviously broken functionality.

Contributor

Kind of unbelievable that five years later, PayPal STILL hasn't fixed this. Seriously disappointing, PayPal. Not that anyone at the corporation is reading this thread anymore. LAME. #shame

Contributor

Registered here to say the same, even if it's at the cost of a fee, we NEED an option to change our paypal.me URL

Contributor

Paypal.me

Hi..is there any way to change ny paypal.me name? Thanks

Contributor

It's unbeliavable that after 5 years this is not fixed yet!!!