Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

QuietDogStudios
Contributor
Contributor

So this is something people have been asking for since at least 2015 and there is still no effort to create a fix? Seriously?? Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Sinthaesia

Hello David,

We are now 2019. Any updates on this matter so far? This has become an issue for yet another person.

Thanks in advance,

Sinthaesia.

Login to Me Too

QuietDogStudios
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a request in regarding this and basically they told me to get lost! Here is what I (finally) got in the way of an answer to my request: Thank you for contacting PayPal. We're sorry to hear you're thinking about closing your PayPal account. We value you as a customer, and we ask that you carefully consider your decision. If there's a chance that you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's a good idea to keep your account open. There's no fee to keep your account open. Before you close your account, make sure to withdraw any money from your PayPal balance. You can transfer money electronically to your bank account or ask us to send a check. (There's a $1.50 charge to send a check.) Here’s how to withdraw money from your PayPal account: Log in to your PayPal account. Click Transfer Money under "PayPal balance." Select Move money out. Choose your payment method and click Next. Enter the amount you want to transfer and click Next. Review your transfer and click Transfer Now and select Done Note: The minimum you can withdraw to a bank account is $1.00 USD. Withdrawals are converted to U.S. Dollars. Here’s how to close your PayPal account: Log in to your PayPal account. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out". Click Close your account under "Account options." Enter your bank account number, if requested. Click Close Account. Here's what happens when you close your account: Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled. You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal. Sincerely, Martinah J PayPal Compliance Department PayPal © 2019 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131
Login to Me Too

campo-remo
Contributor
Contributor

More than 3 years and still open?

I stuck with fact that I mistaken private and business account for PayPal.me name

Login to Me Too

RatPixie
Contributor
Contributor

That message is from 2015 and signed as a solution for the thread, I'm confused... It's been over 3 year now and yet still the problem hasn't been solved...I've decided to change my PayPal account from private to business to protect my real name from people sending money to me via Twitch donations, so I know pay fees for every donation but I don't have the protections that I was looking for. PayPal, fix this issue, it's been long enough, maybe instead of sending cars into space, you should look into this issue. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RatPixie

It was solved, Paypal David said it was not an option at the moment but they may look at in the future.

As they haven't then they don't intend to change things at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

masonmiller
Contributor
Contributor

4 years later, and Paypal is still standing by their decision to not let users change their paypal.me links? In 4 years a lot has changed, especially names of businesses. You'd think Paypal, who is supposed to be helping businesses grow, would understand that the most. Enough people have voiced that they want this change. Make it happen please.

Login to Me Too

alexita

I've the same problem.

When i created the url I didn't understand it was permanently. It wasn't so clear.

It should be great if people who ask to change could have a second chance !

Login to Me Too

sagarbtl
Contributor
Contributor

Will this ever be possible or not? or should I close PayPal account and create a new one. It is so annoying..... 😞

Login to Me Too

Libbytes
Contributor
Contributor

Noticed that the current solution is from 2015... Is this possible yet? I didn't realise I was setting up a fixed personal name in my haste to fix an issue with my PayPal group... So now I'm stuck with <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.