Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WorldPeaceProj

Have you read this thread?

No you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scolepetras
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

Your advice on this forum, which you have reiterated time and again, is not helpful.

We realize we've made a mistake. We know, as you keep reminding us, that when we chose our URL, that we received a notice that said "Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!" And we have indeed read this thread, though perhaps not all 22 pages of it. There are obviously enough of us, however, that have been put into a tight position by this policy which doesn't allow us to ever edit our URL, that we feel it is worth our time to come here and ask whether or not a solution to our problem might not be on its way.

In my case, I did indeed check my PayPal.Me link twice and three times, and it was correct. What I didn't realize, however, was that this link was the one permanent link that would always be attached to my PayPal account. I thought I would be able to add other PayPal Me links in the future for other fundraising campaigns. This problem, which is obviously very common among PayPal users, has most definitely not been resolved.

Login to Me Too

benwahid
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't understand this 

we are in 2020 and with the new great technology we can not change the payment link whats this policy, they should change this is so bad from my point of view, if you have a business or something and want to share the link its better to have change 1 or 2 times or once a year at least to change the name on the payment link in this way its bad. 

Login to Me Too

gargoylequinn
New Community Member

I wanna change my link too. I'm stuck with a cringy **bleep** name. 

Login to Me Too

ActuallyMeta
Contributor
Contributor
I fat fingered the "a" key instead of the "s" key in the middle of my twitch.tv username when making my link. An edit button would make not only myself, but hundreds of others pretty happy. Get on it, PayPal.
Login to Me Too

foodlovesme
New Community Member

For me, I chose my married name, never anticipating I would get divorced. I do NOT want to use a name that associates with my exhusband. Paypal get on this. Let us change our .me names. 

Login to Me Too

KevThillet
Contributor
Contributor
Hi.. It is for real that we cannot change the URL i have a name that i really trying to change because its to long to remember pls let us do this.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

The original post requesting this feature is from 2015, by this point it seems pretty clear to me (albeit rather frustrating) that PayPal have no intention of changing this, and adding the capability to change one's PayPal.me URL. I've seem people comment stuff like "This is why they say to choose carefully." and other sarcastic unhelpful stuff, however, there is more than one reason that a person may have chosen carefully but now need to change their URL.

A legal change of name for example, due to divorce, marriage, sex reassignment, or any other legally recognised change of identity.

People don't necessarily think when they make their account that they may get divorced, and frankly, I just don't think Paypal give a **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

shelly49
Contributor
Contributor

I’m going to lose $42.24 from Backit (ePN) because I didn’t know what I was doing and my funds are on hold to a PayPal.me that DOESN’T EXIST and I can’t change the link I set up to match it and get my money. Backit is saying they can’t help because the funds were already withdrawn. 

Login to Me Too

CollisionArts
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community,

Does PayPal.me release the Url already taken by a closed account?

If yes, what about the grace period?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.