maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

DjXander
New Community Member
Recently changed business names how do I change my PayPal me addy if not what can I do? Really need 2 use new name! Thanks DJ X
Login to Me Too

CrafterMaggie
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change the link on my paypal me account but can't find the option to do that, can someone tell me how? Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately there is no option - once you decide on a name, it's not possible to change it.    See the FAQs here, look for the following question "How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?".  

You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account.

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Login to Me Too

eaglekings
New Community Member

Hello PayPal,

we want definitely possibility to change that after 3years

it was a new feature and it happened typo mistake, or mistake when managing multiple accounts like us, or just change brand name.

Q can you realease it finally ?

Login to Me Too

j4j4j4
New Community Member

YES!  Many of us have changed our business name, or want a new ID,  Please PayPal....make this an option of us!

Login to Me Too

doTERRARI

So I just spend a significant time this morning reading through the string around "changing my Pay Me link".  The string starts in 2015 and as of this writing was still be discussed in Dec 2018.  PayPal has failed to aid the masses with this silly limitation.  I guess we all have to start looking for another payment vehicle which is sad.  I know Google Pay may be an option, as in three years, we the owners of OUR own LINK cannot impact OUR LINK for things such as a business name change, typo, or any other reason.  This is an extreme FAIL on Pay Pal's behalf, real narrow thinking on their behalf as well.  I too was attempting to re-purpose my already existing Pay ME link and sadly cannot.  I represent a team of 50 travel agents, so I will be sharing the FAILURE of Pay Pal on every travel industry BLOG, Facebook page and anywhere else I can for not attempting to aid the folks that are using their product.  They are a publicly traded stock and well you would think they would care about keeping their stock value up by actually helping their customers.  Very SAD!!

Login to Me Too

Tenderstorm

I would also like to request that PayPal make it an option to change your PayPal Me url. Perhaps you could make it a pay for service? Like $5 to $20 per name change? This would be an easy way for PayPal to make money, as so many of us want to change our PayPal Me url names.

Login to Me Too

vaniagladney

Has this been resolved yet? I got married and would like to change to my married name.

Login to Me Too

Bobbyt13

This sucks that you cannot change it!

Login to Me Too

n0vitski
New Community Member

"Solved" my donkey. The thread is three years old, how hard can this be? Just let people edit their links.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.