Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

Sekku

Hi

I know it seems like a fairly simple change but just think of this situation:

I create a "paypal.me/hellothere" url. I use it and can receive money and so on.

Then I decide to change it to "paypal.me/generalkenobi".

What do we do with the "hellothere" url?

Should Paypal release it? In that case, someone could get it again, and if for whatever reason, a friend or familiar of yours wants to send you money, they might use the old link because they had bookmarked it, or because it's the one they remember or whatsoever, and they'll send the money to other person

They could make that old url unavailable for everyone, but then it would probably end up being fairly impossible to find a url that would be easy to remember, and we'd start adding numbers or symbols to our url like "paypal.me/hellothere_123123123123" or similar, because "hellothere1", "hellothere2", etc... are unavailable 

I know it's kind of annoying not being able to change the url if you made a mistake or just want to change it, but don't think it's just an "easy" change. There are a lot of things to consider that we don't know, not just technically

I hope this helps

Login to Me Too

jinliming2
Contributor
Contributor

No, this has not been solved!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jinliming2

The answer to the thread has correctly been given which is why the question made by the original poster marked it solved.

If he was happy with the answer then he can mark it solved it he wants to.

The fact that their is no 'solution' in that you can't edit a paypal.me link is another issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J_d_n_r_mmine wrote:
How do you change your paypal.me name

That's not possible. Once you create the link, you're stuck with the name.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jayhondon
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal please help us with being able to change the PayPal.Me link/name/URL whatever you would like to call it. Has there been any forward progress on fixing this problem?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayhondon

As they have no intention of doing so then i guess no.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526EE
New Community Member
I wanna change my pay pal link how do I do that?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526EE

Have you read any of this thread?

No you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

scolepetras
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to add my voice to the many others asking that it be possible to change our paypal.me URLs. I made mine for a specific purpose, not knowing that it would be permanent, and now am unable to use paypal.me for anything else without looking like a hack. Please change this.

Login to Me Too

WorldPeaceProj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my paypal.me/ is mis-spelt and i'd like to correct it but there seems to be no way of doing that..? 

I need it to be, <removed> but i missed the C out of project and i've just noticed 😕 

please help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.